ETP and Assura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETP and Assura

Read through submission for Assura to open pharmacy and subsequent rejection. Set me thinking, that as this area is pilot for ETP, Assura may be trying to get a tie up with local surgeries----most of which are dispensing.

Scripts are not supposed to be directed to any particular pharmacy but has anyone experience of an assura operation in practice.
    johnep

Re: ETP and Assura

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    Read through submission for Assura to open pharmacy and subsequent rejection. Set me thinking, that as this area is pilot for ETP, Assura may be trying to get a tie up with local surgeries----most of which are dispensing.

Scripts are not supposed to be directed to any particular pharmacy but has anyone experience of an assura operation in practice.
    johnep
    EPSR2 Nomination is going to change the playing field somewhat.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post

johnep
      Yes, just a couple of days as locum - was very impressed. AFAIK they tend to have pharmacies attached to sugeries - and to foster the relationship between surgery and pharmacy.

Jeff

Comment

Assura have put in a 100hr application on my patch to be next door to a surgery. There are 3 pharmacies within 500m and this is not in an ETP trial area. Their website will tell you more about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
          Assura have put in a 100hr application on my patch to be next door to a surgery. There are 3 pharmacies within 500m and this is not in an ETP trial area. Their website will tell you more about them.
          Their contract applications (search google) might give you an idea of the approach they have taken in the past.

Jeff

Comment

They use the positive solutions system which is better at the EPS than other systems I have used.

Comment

johnep
              Assura have many pharmacies that are based in health centres, some of which are Assura owned health centres, others are not. They also have several high street/village pharmacies which are not attached to surgeries.

As you may be aware, there are a large number of health centres with pharmacies attached to them owned and operated by other pharmacy companies. A significant number of these operators also own the health centres these pharmacies are attached to.

There is no difference to the way assura pharmacy are doing things and they are by no means directing scripts.

I am more concerned for ETP2 about a certain web pharmacy who has a very cosy deal with a large GP IT company.
              _____

Comment

Originally posted by richtagg View Post
                I am more concerned for ETP2 about a certain web pharmacy who has a very cosy deal with a large GP IT company.
                I'm not a shy - you mean this one I presume.

Patients | Health Information | Medicines Guide | Patient.co.uk

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X