Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

    40 returned scripts from PPA and most were not endorsed fully.

    Several for Glucosamine Hyd 750mgm. We had been giving out Alateria 625 which is equivalent to 750 gluc hyd. However, no endorsements as if you put in Gluc 7 Alateria does not come up. In the end I created a new product and had to overide 'policy' system to allow an entry for Gluc hyd 750 to default to Alateria 625. The endorsement then worked correctly. I have resolved to check the endorsement setting for each PPA returned script so that endorsement correct. Quite easy for Pharmacy Manager but dread for Compass.
    johnep

  • #2
    Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

    Originally posted by johnep View Post
    40 returned scripts from PPA and most were not endorsed fully.

    Several for Glucosamine Hyd 750mgm. We had been giving out Alateria 625 which is equivalent to 750 gluc hyd. However, no endorsements as if you put in Gluc 7 Alateria does not come up. In the end I created a new product and had to overide 'policy' system to allow an entry for Gluc hyd 750 to default to Alateria 625. The endorsement then worked correctly. I have resolved to check the endorsement setting for each PPA returned script so that endorsement correct. Quite easy for Pharmacy Manager but dread for Compass.
    johnep
    The PPA seem to be sending more prescriptions back than they ever did. What's got into them? Is it related to this CIP thing there the machine works out the payment. I bet there is another machine at the end putting any scripts it can't read straight into evelopes, another machine puts stamps and address on the envelope and lo they are sent back to the pharmacist all done very efficiently.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

    If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

      I had about 10-15 glucosamine 500mg tabs rx returned recently from PPA. Don't know what was wrong with them as they had manufacturer and pack size, so added price - yet we dispense lots of glucosamine, so don't know why only a few came back when the others went through.

      Also had lots of rx back for comfifast blue line 5m asking for more info - when it is all listed in the tariff. And one for some test strips as apparently they aren't listed in part VIII - don't know why they didn't look in part IXR.

      My Rx are priced under the capacity improvement programme, so don't know if it's just teething problems, or if they don't know what they are doing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

        Originally posted by Steve G View Post
        I had about 10-15 glucosamine 500mg tabs rx returned recently from PPA. Don't know what was wrong with them as they had manufacturer and pack size, so added price - yet we dispense lots of glucosamine, so don't know why only a few came back when the others went through.

        Also had lots of rx back for comfifast blue line 5m asking for more info - when it is all listed in the tariff. And one for some test strips as apparently they aren't listed in part VIII - don't know why they didn't look in part IXR.

        My Rx are priced under the capacity improvement programme, so don't know if it's just teething problems, or if they don't know what they are doing.
        It is a definition of the word "improvement". Why not put an extra 0.0p on the dispensing fee and force us to price them.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

        If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

          What do PSNC say?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

            Think theres a googlebot out there - can anyone get rid of him?
            wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

              Originally posted by laurabuk View Post
              Think theres a googlebot out there - can anyone get rid of him?
              Googlebot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

              Not sure what you mean - could you elaborate?
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

              If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

                oops wrong terminology i think. i mean when people register and post ridiculous messages to make it more popular on google?
                wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Glucosamine and Pharmacy Manager

                  I though Laura was on about a virus of some sort, as a google bot is a virtual phenomenon.

                  anyway I find ringing up the PPA is quite helpful as they can tell you the exact problem, it could even be to do with something else on the Rx,I would have thought that in its initial phase they would have had double checking i.e. firstly-quality testing where people manually check the processed Rxs for quality and secondly-rejected Rxs to make sure there is a legitamate reason.
                  We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X