ProScript PMR system: help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProScript PMR system: help needed!

Anyone out there familiar with this system? I can't fathom out their "addicts/instalment dispensing" management system...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Re: ProScript PMR system: help needed!

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
    Anyone out there familiar with this system? I can't fathom out their "addicts/instalment dispensing" management system...
    It's a copy of mediphase - so I imagine it works in a similar way. As I remember it's F2 at some point (just after entering patient) to change the script type.

Then have a play or phone their help desk - haven't chosen to use either the Mediphase or the ProScript addicts function (because Mediphase couldn't seem to cope with part supervised part take out on the same day over the weekends i.e. 4 doses split over 3 days)

Jeff

Comment

Pharmacy manager is easiest does it for you and can see all on screen at once. Compass is poor, have to put in each date.
      johnep

Comment

We've been using Proscript for over 2 years. At what point are you having trouble?

Comment

I'd like to enter the FP10MDA forms in advance, so that I can come in on a given day and view all the instalments to be dispensed on that day, and print off all the day's labels in one hit. So far I've sussed out that it was possible with proscript, but I've had to work it out by trial & error as there doesn't appear to be any printed support material on "How to..." for this part of the programme...
          So I've got as far as entering how many instalments, start date, etc... but I'm stuck when it asks me whether I want all labels, or no labels, or what: for instance:
          Rx for 630ml,(45ml daily), dispense 315ml on dec 24th and 315ml on dec 31st: I want to enter all the details into the PMR today so that on monday 24/12 I can just press a key and get a single label for 315ml, and the same on 31/12. So far, Proscript is giving me 5 labels for 45ml and one for 90ml, all dated 24/12/07... Where am I going wrong?

Comment

When you get to screen that has all the days of the week with little tick boxes on it.

Change start date to 24/12/07 (or to start date of Rx you're doing)
            Untick the boxes for all the days where no supply is made. There should only be a tick in mondays(both 24th and 31st). The amount shown should be 315 in each monday box. Then at bottom click on single label. If you click multi label it will give out a label for each days dose i.e. 45ml

Click F10 to save, then it should come up with screen enabling to print all labels. Hit F10 and labels for both 24th and 31st should come out.

We pre print all labels for FP10MDA scrips and staple to Rx. When client has collected we just press F4 to show that they've collected.

However if you don't want to print all labels. Select no or cancel on screen when it prompts you to print, and then each day you can just hit F3 to print label(do this when patient is highlighted in the main screen for the substance dependency module)

Hope it makes some sort of sense!!!!

If not get back to me!!

Comment

Thanks for that JonF, yes it does make some sense!
              I'll give it a try on saturday after I've locked up, when I can have a One-to-one with the computer without being interrupted! I'm facing a bit of a nightmare on monday 24th dec. as quite a few addicts' scripts finish on that day and their new Rx starts on the 25th but obviously they're being allowed to collect their tue & wed doses on Xmas eve, so they'll be collecting stuff off two different Rxs on the same day! Oh joy supreme...

Comment

So far, so good: I've managed to enter some scripts properly; but I still can't get around the scripts for 45ml daily from 25/12/07 to 07/01/2008, "supply 90ml on 24/12/07 for 25 & 26 dec.": If I state that the start date is the 24th, then it won't let it dispense up to the 7th of jan., as that would make more than 14 days... but if I give the 26th as start date, it won't let me dispense anything on the 24th?!?

Comment

Of course you should have two scripts and enter separately to obey the 14 day rule.
                  johnep

Comment

I think proscript only allows upto 14 day dispensing periods as per the cd regulations. Can't you just set start date to 25th and then print labels out??
                    Other than that i don't think there's a way round it.

Comment

Next problem:
                      Does ProScript allow you to record who prescribed each item for a particular patient, or can you assign only one GP to each patient? In other words, is there any way of finding out who issued the Rx for amoxyxillin for Mrs jones on dec. 3rd without having to look through the filed scripts of all the GPs at Mrs Jones' surgery?
                      Another question: is it possible to get a little pop-up window to come up every time someone tries to label a script for Mrs Jones, saying "keep repeat slip in file", or "prefers Glytrin spray" etc...?
                      And finally: in the "substance Dependency module", what does it mean when a line appears highlighted in red? does it mark the last instalment on that patient's current script?
                      I've printed off the 91-page "user's manual", and none of these questions are even approached anywhere... Grrrr!

Comment

Not sure about the first problem, will have a look when next at work.

To get a message that comes up each time you access patient there are two ways to do it

1) Once you have accessed patient press F1 to bring up all the patients details. There should be a box labelled 'notes', i think, on left above 'bag label message' box. Put message you want and then put exclamation mark after message i.e. This patient prefers Solpadol brand!

Then when you access patient a box appears with message.

2) Once in patient records click on the Counselling box in bottom right corner of screen. Add a new record with details you want, then put tick in box at top right. This forces the counselling record to show when you access patient like the above. The counselling way is good for when you've queried things with surgeries/patient etc, as it dates and times each entry, I always put my name against each entry as well. Each entry is also permanent, i think, as i've found no way of deleting.

Last query, when highlighted in red, as you correctly suggest, it means that its the last supply on that particular script.
                        Last edited by JonF; 29, December 2007, 08:36 PM. Reason: added something!

Comment

Thanks for that, JonF- very helpful!
                          Do you have the "unrestricted" version of the programme or the one used by a certain small multiple from Bolton, who won't allow you to "adjust" the configurations to suit your needs/wants?
                          I'm cursing about the way ProScript endorses things:
                          Against 28 aspirin dispersibles, it endorses "28/100"; but against a Rx for 56 aspirins, it endorses "2x28"...
                          Fucidin cream 15g: "15g/30g"; but when a script calls for 30g, it endorses "2x15g"!!!!
                          And it let me dispense 12ml exterol ear drops today, "12/8ml", and 56 tabs Sando-K. "56/100".
                          Has it never heard of special containers?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                            Thanks for that, JonF- very helpful!
                            Do you have the "unrestricted" version of the programme or the one used by a certain small multiple from Bolton, who won't allow you to "adjust" the configurations to suit your needs/wants?
                            I'm cursing about the way ProScript endorses things:
                            Against 28 aspirin dispersibles, it endorses "28/100"; but against a Rx for 56 aspirins, it endorses "2x28"...
                            Fucidin cream 15g: "15g/30g"; but when a script calls for 30g, it endorses "2x15g"!!!!
                            And it let me dispense 12ml exterol ear drops today, "12/8ml", and 56 tabs Sando-K. "56/100".
                            Has it never heard of special containers?
                            It sounds like 'ying-yang' endorsing.
                            Being very clever with the tariff, but dodgy at the same time.
                            Sometimes there are cases reported in the PJ about this.
                            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

At one pharmacy I have to insert Dr who wrote script each time, so presumably they can be called up later.
                              johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X