Help Manual for many PMR systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Manual for many PMR systems

I have recently joined the ranks of 'locum pharmacist' and am dismayed by the plethora of PMR systems. It strikes me that we (all locum pharmacists) require a simple help sheet for each system we use.

I think that the selection of patient, drug, dose and frequency in all systems is not complex and easily mastered with little time required. The problems arise when 'things go wrong'. I have identified some problems which need addressing and list them below. I suggest that it would be helpful if those competent with any particular system could provide the information to solve these problems all locum pharmacists could benefit by having the key problems solved by reference to this list. I find the manuals take too long to examine when dispensing - this short list of key problems only requires a glance.
    (Below was in table form but I cannot reproduce here.)
    Computer system From which screen What to do

Change label after printing/closed patient
    Balance (owing) - originate - before printing
    Change quantity of drug dispensed after printing - eg due to lack of stock etc (raise owing/balance)
    Balance (owing) - clear ( from where)
    Balance (owing) - clear - number (balance or orig quantity)
    Loan - originate
    Loan - clear
    Bag label
    Reprint label
    Delete item from record
    Delete script
    Re-endorse after completing script (endorser not working first time)
    List patients today
    List of drugs dispensed today
    Type of script FP10, emergency, private etc
    Go back one instruction

I am certain that this list is not all inclusive. The addition of other significant points is to be encouraged but the key to this project is to keep the list short and thus a rapid reference document. Perhaps we could develop a 'quick reference' and an 'in depth reference'.

Derek Balon

Re: Help Manual for many PMR systems

I 1005 agree that we need a quick reference. I am about to atart locuming. I have ony used pharmacy manager and link. I wish there was some brief guide. Or if someone could give me tips on just any and every system

Comment

Good idea. If it was possible to take screen shots or photographs of the steps involved it would be much more user friendly and easier to follow than writing a block of text.

Just need to add in a fictitious patient to avoid confidentiality issues.

Comment

All this is ancient history locumtang gave many instructions. Search the archives.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          All this is ancient history locumtang gave many instructions. Search the archives.
          johnep
          Can't find "locumtang" John.

Ah, discovered (Google) that he gave up his website some time ago.

Did discover that Derek was on about this in 2007.
          ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
          X