Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which PMR to go for?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of choosing a new system and would like your thoughts as to which IT system is the best out there?

Thanks in advance!

Rich.
    _____

Re: Which PMR to go for?

Generally speaking, I have found pharmacy manager most convenient.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Generally speaking, I have found pharmacy manager most convenient.
      johnep
      Pharmacy Manager.
      It has its quirks, but generally, good stock control, orders from anywhere, two product file updates per month (electronic), knowledge base (off-line information source), Stockley Interactions. When labelling you can do as stock enquiry, look at another patients history, do a quick interaction check on another patient, without having to abandon the dispensing that you are half-way through (does this on a standalone system). Interfaces with Robot dispensing. Reasonably good on a network. MUR and Interventions are integrated into the PMR. EPSR1 is generally robust, wizard driven and integrates the flow quite well into the PMR. Looking at their website Cegedim also do the "In Practice" computer system so are probably well placed to test their EPS releases. Helpdesk experience is mixed although the staff do generally have a 'can do' attitude.

The final choice is yours - if it suits you and the way you like to run your pharmacy then whatever system you decide on is the best choice.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by richtagg View Post
        Hi all,

I'm in the process of choosing a new system and would like your thoughts as to which IT system is the best out there?

Thanks in advance!

Rich.
        PSL analyst - is the sexiest.
        Seems the one most likely to fit into extended roles.
        I've only spent about 4 days locumming on it but it makes Pharmacy Manager (and anything else) look like labelling machines.

Jeff

Comment

I used to like pharmacy manager but I've seen a lot of difficulties with the EPS recently..

This post has been edited as I overstepped the mark which I apologize for.
          Last edited by Web Ferret; 12, October 2007, 04:47 PM. Reason: goodwill gesture

Comment

I have found Phamacy Manager really easy and simple to use, does not take too much time to learn the key features either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              PSL analyst - is the sexiest.
              Seems the one most likely to fit into extended roles.
              I've only spent about 4 days locumming on it but it makes Pharmacy Manager (and anything else) look like labelling machines.

Jeff
              This week I have been mostly using PSL anaylist and I agree with Jeff - Once you get the hang of it everything else is Fisher Price. The EPS functions are actually usable too! - Just need to get the doctors to write the scripts correctly now...

Comment

well i only used( and still using) ECLIPSE and i am happy with it. dunno about EPS as we do not dispense Electronic Rx here.

what do you guys think of ECLIPSE system? for those who have used it, compared to other systems that you are mentioning here.
                [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Nobody has mentioned Nexphase.? Wonder why..?

I find it to be so slow and memory hungry it frequently grinds to a halt, especially if we are using another program or sending an order. Mind you that could be a sign of the half baked mixture of equipment this multiple has aquired over the years.
                  If Boots think Nexphase is SO much better than their own in-house system it does not say much for either.

Comment

We use Nexphase. Once you get used to it it's OK and it has a lot of features but for some reason it is very slow.

Comment

Whatever you do, steer clear of Ascribe. I really want to blow up their head office...
                      Band6 is a Band 6 no longer.. now 7/8a

Comment

Well, Proscript, as used by Rowlands and others, is the best at present. It has some idiosyncracies, but don't we all. It was built by the designers of mediphase, the old Gold Standard, after they sold that to Cegedim.

The Boots new system was great news for IBM, they must have shifted so much hardware, but no-one uses it as it was designed, even in Boots you don't want to take that much time lol. In fact, the last time I worked in Boots I was told that alt-B was the way to start work (in fact, it was meant to be a way to bypass the patient reception screen!).

The new Lloyds system is a bit of a mystery to me, and to most of those who use it. Suffice it to say that when I do locums there they always get someone "experienced" to wrestle with it. On the very day it came out I was asked to do a locum so that the regular staff could learn how to use the new system, and it didn't sound user friendly.

NDC pharmacy manager is extraordinarily alkward to use, requiring keyboard and mouse, but it is better and faster than nexphase, its stablemate. Interestingly, if you decide to change from one to the other, they are not able to move the files over, you have to start from scratch. Certainly in the past I would have opined that this indicated cegedim's level of customer commitment (I knew several staff from the call-centre a few years ago) but there are signs that they are paying attention to us now.

There is one with a touchscreen which is quite quick, but I haven't used it enough to evaluate it properly.

Please get Proscript, if you have a choice. I'll come and work for you!
                        ....just my opinion

Comment

If you are after speed then pharmaSys PMR is the way forward. Web based and 68% of ETP scripts are downloaded in under a second. See Pharmasys - the UK's first web-based pharmacy system

Comment

Originally posted by Chinhoyi View Post
                            If you are after speed then pharmaSys PMR is the way forward. Web based and 68% of ETP scripts are downloaded in under a second. See Pharmasys - the UK's first web-based pharmacy system
                            Interesting, very interesting and for that price certainly worth a second look. The mobile G3 coverage is very average - I have a mobile datacard and in a lot of places it doesn't work. The mobile networks are more unreliable the PSTN.

Comment

what system are tescos pharmacy using? any know? and is there a user guide for it anywhere?
                              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
                              X