Sales of Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales of Medicine

Is there anyone out there who has recently sat the Alliance Pharmacy Sales of Medicine (SOM) assessment after completing the modular workbooks? If yes, could you advise as to what to expect (i.e. type of questions - MCQ, True/False, etc; examples of questions; and level of difficulty).

Many thanks.

Re: Sales of Medicine

HI
    I 'nearly' did - worked for Alliance Boots for 6 months and left - never again!
    Started to study the course but moved to new independent pharmacy and completed it with them - coursework similar to Alliance but not exactly same.
    However, I've still got much of the Alliance's binder and modules at home all completed if I remember. The NPA course was quite good and not too hard - its just remembering everything! If I can help let me know - I still have their books etc.
    Lindiloo1

Comment

Hello, I have completed sales of medicine but not recently. 3 other staff members completed it last year and all achieved at least 90%. I really wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you've read through all the modules you'll be fine.

I think one question asked what coeliac disease is and another asked about the active ingredient of some eye drops. I can't be 100% sure on the eye drops but I think it asked what product contains Propamidine Isethionate 0.1%. Answer=Brolene.

Comment

Don't stress - it is all multi choice, and if you dont pass the first time you can resit it. Just treat the test as a way of checking what knowledge you have retained.
        Good luck and chill!!

Comment

Working...
        X