Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvq3 unit 9 prepare extemporaneous medicines

Hi guys,

any idea how to prepare extemporaneous sodium bicarbonate ear drops 1%BP 10ml?
    Any help would be great.
    thanks
    trainee technician

Re: Nvq3 unit 9 prepare extemporaneous medicines

And also paed simple linctus B.P 100ml

thanks

Comment

Order from specials?

Comment

I would order from special but i need to write activity report to show them i prepare this products in my pharmacy

Comment

I agree but does anyone actually prepare specials for the £ 3 fee? Then clean up after?

Comment

Probably not but i still need to write report

Comment

You need a formula to start you off and this can be found in the the british pharmacopoeia. If you don't have this reference in your pharmacy a quick google search should give you the information that you need.

Comment

hi, i just wanted to ask as you are futher down the units could somene just help me on unit 18 3.3 apply knowledge of different classes of medicines please a example of what you may have used thank you

Comment

Trainee technician did u find the answer as i am currently trying to find something for this one.

Comment

This is my very last unit to send off, about to do the simulations for the paediatric simple linctus and the diluted sodium bicarb ear drops. The thing I found with the simple linctus is making up the Syrup BP to dilute the simple linctus, so there's that extra step. Worth it though because it's a good one to cover lots of criteria.

Comment

Where did you find an answer of how you would make these?

Originally posted by dangernene View Post
                      This is my very last unit to send off, about to do the simulations for the paediatric simple linctus and the diluted sodium bicarb ear drops. The thing I found with the simple linctus is making up the Syrup BP to dilute the simple linctus, so there's that extra step. Worth it though because it's a good one to cover lots of criteria.

Comment

You need to look up the formula in the British Pharmacopoeia. If your pharmacist doesn't have access to it I would suggest finding somebody who does. I asked an old colleague but if you ring around a few pharmacies I'm sure you'll find one who doesn't mind letting you borrow theirs.

Comment

for ear drops you have answer in one of the modules book as for linctus the formula for dilution is 75ml sirup and 25ml linctus to make 100ml. Note: my unit was just sent back form the marker-although I covered everything she still didn't accept it as 3 of them were simulation+one real life example of making erythromycin solution.WTF?

Comment

We always made our own simple syrup in a sauce pan over a gas ring. Useful ingredient for rum punch, cocktails and home made liqueurs.
                            johnep

Comment

hi i wanted to ask did you mix this by shaking ? how was this made the simple linctus?

Originally posted by roxane22 View Post
                              for ear drops you have answer in one of the modules book as for linctus the formula for dilution is 75ml sirup and 25ml linctus to make 100ml. Note: my unit was just sent back form the marker-although I covered everything she still didn't accept it as 3 of them were simulation+one real life example of making erythromycin solution.WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X