Technician rates of Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technician rates of Pay

Can anyone advise me what are the going hourly rates for NV3Q technicians that are now registered with the pharm soc.

Also what sort of rates would an NVQ 3 + ACT registered be on.

The reason I ask is that we have trained up some staff here to the new levels.
    This would be working for a busy independant.

Re: Technician rates of Pay

it depends on the firm

hospital locums get paid a lot more about £18-20/hour......but sometimes they just go for p'cists a pay a little more extra as the p'cist will need to cover wards and clinical checks for an extra fiver

Community -btw £10-15 /hour
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Where I work £8/hr is regarded as very good.
      johnep

Comment

I was thinking of £8 -£10 actually but am a bit out of touch with what others are doing

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Where I work £8/hr is regarded as very good.
          johnep
          The best paid dispenser I know gets £8.50 an hour (retail) and works for a one man one shop business. She seems very happy with that, and says if he has a good month he'll often give her a little bonus of £50 or something similiar.

If a one man company can do that the big chains should too.
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

if you work for a local multiples, hourly rate wont be great about 6-8 pounds an hour; if you are lucky, when there is a new independent pharmacy opening next to a new surgery (happening quite a lot nowadays especially a lot more surgeries are relocating to a big building) ,they would pay a lot more, last time i heard was 12 pounds an hour to get qualified pharmacy technicians to help as long as you don't mind providing services like needle exchanges, addicts supervision, monitored dosage systems and has good experienced e.g. NVQ 3, not bad as a pharmacy technician, good luck
            i am telling you about pharmacy life in practice, together with my personal opinions i think might be better for pharmacy practices

Comment

One of the large multiples are getting away with £7.50 for an experienced, qualified and registered Tech to begin with, promising a pay rise after three months which doesn't happen. A pay rise is due at the end of October. Hopefully it'll be £7.95 that was originally promised. Whoever gets paid £10.00-£15.00 is very lucky. ACT's get paid a little bit more. Hospital Techs get much more than Community Techs.

Comment

The very experienced dispenser where I work was very annoyed that a new inexperienced girl had been taken on at same rate. Sad fact of life is that multiples will only pay what they have to. law of supply and demand applies as ever.

When I was young, manual labourers were often paid more than pharmacists until cheap labour came in from abroad.
                johnep

Comment

I am still 'just' a dispensing assistant and I'm on £7 ph. When I register as a technician I have been told by the boss that I will be on £10 ph, when I then go on to be an ACT I will be on £12ph. This is with an independent community pharmacy.

Comment

Wow......Got any jobs going????? £10.00 for a registered Tech!!!! I can only dream I suppose.................

Comment

Finally, the large mulitple i work for have given me a well deserved raise. Even though it's not as much as I know i should be paid, it's a lot better than some. we have a great HCA who's been working with the company for ages and she is not a teenager and she told me her rate of pay was now £6.06!!!! She'd get more stacking shelves at Tescos!!!!! Come to think of it.....so would I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The answer here seems to be stick with the independants they obviously appreciate their staff far more. Shame the "big boys" dont take notice. Off to dream of £10 per hour zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

if you do not like the pay, do something for a change!
                          degree= loads of money
                          no degree = just above minimum wage

invest in your self! you have an advantage above others, you have pharmacy work experience which should make things easier for you during uni!
                          it will only take you 4 years of your life...... then you qualify and earn what you believe you deserve.

otherwise look for an independent pharmacy, start with them at minimum wage then look how to improve the financial side of your boss pharmacy.
                          i.e ordering items from different wholesalers to save, looking for the best price before ordering a seretide 500 accuhaler for example. then you can get a good deal for looking after your boss money.

i.e get yourself enrolled in dispensing courses, work hard and get your NVQ3 certificate and move to hospital( to get paid >10pounds/hour)

simplya invest in yourself!
                          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Easy to say if person young and living at home. Most techs I work with have children and are struggling to help keep the family fed and clothed. Majority work in a pharmacy because it is local. Nearest hospital over 20 miles away and no independents left in village.
                            johnep

Comment

That's a wonderful idea Raoul.....now why the hell didn't I think of that.....

I would luv to go off to uni for the pharmacists course. I'm struggling to do the Techs foundation degree as it is. I have to fund myself through my self investments. I've worked for small independents, larger ones and the big companies plus worked in hospital both here and overseas, have NVQ 3 and a ton of other qualifications from my other jobs over the years but I always have to work to get through it all. But i'm old fashioned in that I believe in a fair days wage for a fair days work. I work harder now than i've ever had to do and have just pulled our branch through 9 months of bad times and several bad pharmacists. Pardon me for expecting a decent wage...........

Comment

Working...
                              X