Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have problem in memorizing the Peadiatric doses of antibiotics. In general, memorizing the doses is such a tough issue for me.

Do anyone has any idea that can help me?

Re: Help

One of the questions in Pharmaceutics was fifty doses. Get them right and that was full marks.

Get the Childrens BNF and list all the antibiotics in order of dosage for, say, one year old or a standard weight. Write them down and just keep going through them daily as a test, ie you have to write down the answer, then check. You will soon get full marks.
    johnep

Comment

Thanks for suggestion. What I have tried before is writing all the basic doses in a piece of paper and keep it all the time with me. It does not work that much. But writing for a specific age or weight is a good idea. I will try it.

Based on your experience,
      Can I remember a lot of doses even if I do not use them regularly?

Comment

The mind has infinite resources, just test yourself daily on a class of medicines, eg analgesics, antibiotics etc. it is no good just keep reading, you must test yourself to exercise your 'little grey cells'.

I wonder how it is that I know the generic/proprietary name for virtually every drug. It is because if I come across a new one I write it down and then keep testing myself until it just comes. after all I still remember my multiplication tables after some 70 years.

Go on, you know you can do it if you try.
        johnep

Comment

Thank you. I will try it.

Comment

Working...
          X