Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Advice- new counter assistant

Hi Experts,
    good morning all.Thanks to all the admins and active contributors of the group.I am from India,after 11yrs of career gap,I got the job in local pharmacy.this is my first job in UK after moving from India(6yrs in UK).the location is completely British .I have been in the job from last 5months, probationary period is extended.some of the British names I and pronunciation,find it difficult to understand.especially anyone who is above 90yrs.some of the surnames were written wrong due to this(Tessie walker I heard has Jessi walker).been told off by the pharmacist.i definitely understand the degree of error I have made.I never handed a single prescriptionm wrrong till today.been named as slow learner.due to this I am loosing my confidence day by day.i really love the job . I am getting anxious after i received feedback.kindly adviCE.I am thinking to quit.thanks

Get the pt to spell out their name on receipt of script.Write that down on separate note and then check through the spelling.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Get the pt to spell out their name on receipt of script.Write that down on separate note and then check through the spelling.
      johnep
      I agree, I have a notebook on the counter and ask the patient to write their name and address down. But in pharmacy, it is very much a blame game, I’m afraid. You need a thick skin.

Comment

Working...
      X