Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy support staff and the future

Hi colleagues

Just want to know what your thoughts are around all the changes happening in pharmacy and the prospect of remote supervision etc
    What are your views ,do you feel well-equipped to march into the bright sunny future with your pharmacist colleagues?
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Originally posted by kemzero
    Hi colleagues

Just want to know what your thoughts are around all the changes happening in pharmacy and the prospect of remote supervision etc
    What are your views ,do you feel well-equipped to march into the bright sunny future with your pharmacist colleagues?

What bright sunny future?

From what I can see pharmacists will soon be obsolete, unless they work on The Soc Council of course. There'll always be jobs for toadies who'll let the govt walk all over us and tell us that it's good for our preofessional image.
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
      What bright sunny future?

From what I can see pharmacists will soon be obsolete, unless they work on The Soc Council of course. There'll always be jobs for toadies who'll let the govt walk all over us and tell us that it's good for our preofessional image.
      All this talk is getting me depressed.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
        All this talk is getting me depressed.

Was already there!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hi Linnear,Admin
          The question was actually directed at support staff (techs ,dispensers and assistants) their futures are bright and orange not p'cists

Comment

Hi Linnear,Admin
            The question was actually directed at support staff (techs ,dispensers and assistants) their futures are bright and orange not p'cists
            Oh sorry for being so stoopid! No wonder my jobs so rubbish, I'm an idiot!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

From what I can see pharmacists will soon be obsolete
              Hi,everyone

I was very suprised when iI heard that.
              mail: xiongliang0#gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by xiongliang0
                Hi,everyone

I was very suprised when iI heard that.
                It's only an opinion, that's what this forum is for. Don't believe everything you read, it's just that us pharmacists tend to get a bit paranoid now and then!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                  It's only an opinion, that's what this forum is for. Don't believe everything you read, it's just that us pharmacists tend to get a bit paranoid now and then!
                  For once I don't agree with you admin...its bound to happen but when is the million dollar question; I am so stressed with the present state of pharmacy and its future just makes me feel even more so...i've loved pharmacy for too many years.....my heart's breaking only the society and DOH can mend it..but fat chance of that happening...so I'll just try to look on the bright side of life...and sing "don't worry be happy" to myself (80's hit)
                  Last edited by kemzero; 19, July 2006, 09:36 PM.

Comment

For once I don't agree with you admin...its bound to happen but when is the million dollar question; I am so stressed with the present state of pharmacy and its future just makes me feel even more so...i've loved pharmacy for too many years.....my heart's breaking only the society and DOH can mend it..but fat chance of that happening...so I'll just try to look on the bright side of life...and sing "don't worry be happy" to myself (80's hit)
                    Hey, you don't have to agree with me. I started this forum so we could discuss things, and often we will not agree. That's part of the fun of it - letting off some steam!

But seriously, try not to get so stressed out about pharmacy and the future. I just think whatever will be will be, and just see what unfolds. I am old enough to remember the life of Brian and the song by the way.

I do agree with you that the two bodies you mention won't help us much! Just try not to worry about it all, life is too short. Personally, I just see it as a way of paying the mortgage. I turn up, do my best, and then forget about it until I'm there again. My life does not revolve around my job, and neither should yours.

Keep yer chin up!

Comment

I'm just a pharmacy student at the moment but I think the changes may be good. Although like mentioned somewhere earlier the thought of you being responsible for someone else's actions is very scary.

So far we've been told the changes will mean better use of our skills.

but back to the topic of pharmacy support staff, who does this include? Does it include healthcare assistants as well as dispensing technicians?

Comment

Originally posted by gaby
                        pharmacy support staff, who does this include? Does it include healthcare assistants as well as dispensing technicians?
                        In my opinion, it most certainly does!
                        Healthcare assistants are the first people patients meet when they walk into the Pharmacy, they are the ones who "filter" the calls to the Phcist, who answer the 'phone, they can help select suitable MUR 'victims', etc...
                        They are just as invaluable as dispensing technicians!
                        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Answer the phone?

No wonder your so happy in your work Zog.

You don't do bugger all!
                          Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Ever heard the expression "WHY HAVE A DOG AND BARK YOURSELF?"
                            Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite
                              Ever heard the expression "WHY HAVE A DOG AND BARK YOURSELF?"

Say it all the time and then get tw*tted by the pharmacy staff!
                              Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                              X