Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvq level 3 unit 1 knowledge

hi guys,
    i'm working through unit 1 at the moment and coving the pc's and ranges isn't too bad, but the knowledge is driving me crazy.
    how are you suppose to cover some of these things in your everyday work?
    e.g
    k7 - The basic principles of modern medicine management
    k15 - The transactional and administration procedures as required by government regulations and those that apply to your workplace

I'd appreciate any advice you have.
    thanks

Re: Nvq level 3 unit 1 knowledge

I know the k's are the hardest to cover

for the k15 i covered by saying about taking in prescription, the charges and exemptions etc

and for modern medicine management I said about nomad boxes and compliance, checking with patients if the boxes are suitable for thier needs, etc. I covered it with a pharmacists question

Comment

hi, for k15 i also included details of taking a payment for a script and also handing out an FP57.
      For k7 i said that i had considered whether the script item (amoxicillin) was suitable for that patient, e.g did they have a penicillin allergy? hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by EW.tech View Post
        hi guys,
        i'm working through unit 1 at the moment and coving the pc's and ranges isn't too bad, but the knowledge is driving me crazy.
        how are you suppose to cover some of these things in your everyday work?
        e.g
        k7 - The basic principles of modern medicine management
        k15 - The transactional and administration procedures as required by government regulations and those that apply to your workplace

I'd appreciate any advice you have.
        thanks
        hi,i also mentioned the fact that till rolls and credit card slips need to be kept for 5 years for k15 to cover transactional procedures.For k7 i did a pharmacist assessment question asking what modern medicine management is.I found that it is about trying to avoid wastage,risk of harm through errors in prescribing and the way in which patients use their meds.....MURs,items no longer used to be taken off repeats,care homes to check monthly needs and not to stockpile as destruction of out of date stuff is expensive

Comment

There are loads of things:
          Patient packs
          Patient information leaflets
          Compliance aids
          Expert patients
          Consultation rooms
          Counselling advice in BNF

Data protection act
          Passwords to computer records
          Backups on site and offsite
          Chip & Pin!
          SOPs
          Confidentiality
          Workplace Health & Safety

The NVQs are looking for everyday stuff - you just don't realise it sometimes and that's the learning.

Comment

Working...
          X