NPA dispensary assistant's course question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPA dispensary assistant's course question

Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone knew if this course was equivalent to an NVQ level 2? I've just started it now, and it's a 6 months course. But in one of the guide books it said you can do extras and says that this course plus 6 months of evidence collection = nvq2. So i rang them up and she said it was an nvq2. But i don't know if i believe her! So i'm totally confused now. I just ask because i don't know whether i'll be doing the course for 6 months or a year, as i plan to move/transfer at some point, and i would rather get the qualification before i go ideally. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: NPA dispensary assistant's course question

Originally posted by KrisDis View Post
    I just ask because i don't know whether i'll be doing the course for 6 months or a year, as i plan to move/transfer at some point, and i would rather get the qualification before i go ideally. Any help would be appreciated.
    Can't answer your question, but it struck me that if you leave too soon there is probably some condition in your contract that means you will have to pay the fees back.
    ....just my opinion

Comment

I haven't heard of that, but i was thinking more of transferring to another store within the same company if possible, but i'll have to see if a position is available. I don't get as much time in the dispensary as i'd like at the moment as i have other duties, so i'd like a full time position. If i can't transfer i may have to go elsewhere though, and they all want nvq2 or 3, grr!

Comment

Hi i think for if you do the 6 month course then it's classed as a dispensing assistant cerificate, if you wanted it to be classed as the Nvq 2 dispenser then you have to do the year of gathering evidence, I'm sure I got the info in work will take a look tomorrow and see if I can scan and send it to you

Comment

Oh thanks, that'd be great if you could. My e-mail is private (sent me a PM if you want it) if you manage to. I thought that was probably the case. I think the dispensary assistants course is the minimum qualification to work in the dispensary so some employers might still accept it or give me further training hopefully...
          Last edited by admin; 18, January 2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: Removed E-mail

Comment

Hi KrisDis,
            Yes your right, the minimum qualification to work in a dispensary in the assistants course unless you have been grandparented.
            A move to another Pharmacy with a dispensary assistant qualification should be easy enough. Although many Pharmacies ask for NVQ3 qualified there isn't alot of those out there yet so they will take assistant qualified. There is always the hospital route, they take you in unqualified and put you through all your training, well they do here in Scotland anyway.
            Good luck!

Comment

Do not put your email address in a posting, the spambots will find it. Keep it in your profile page.
              johnep

Comment

Exactly.

Note to all members..Please take Johnep's advice and NEVER post your email address on the open forum.

Thanks John.

Fleegle.
                Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                  Exactly.

Note to all members..Please take Johnep's advice and NEVER post your email address on the open forum.

Thanks John.

Fleegle.
                  Thanks - I have removed it.
                  Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                  Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Dear frds,

I need very urgent help.If any one can do for me,

I am doing NPA dispensary assistant's course bcz of lack of guidense i could not finish.If any one who finished this course please any one help me to fill books
                    so i can fill my own anwers,

thax

LUCKY
                    Last edited by lucky; 12, April 2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

what information do you need, exactly?

Comment

I seem to remember a case in the North East where a person copied someone else's work and eventually the police were called. Help is fine, copying the answers is not.
                        johnep

Comment

I can't send you my books lucky, but i can help u if you wanted to ask a question. You should ask your pharmacist and dispensers to guide you. Well i'm almost finished now, so soon I shall find out whether i have a GNVQ2 or not! I've been searching the net to try and find out whether my course is GNVQ2 acredited or whether i'll have to do a further 6 months, but it doesn't say anywhere, not even on the NPA website. So i guess i will just wait to see! I'm so impatient though!

Comment

Is it ADAC?

Comment

Looks like Lucky ain't so lucky after all.
                              Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
                              X