Delivery service limitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery service limitations

When delivering pharmacy services to individuals I need to explain my limitations. I can only think about providing info on such things as the minor ailments scheme and prescription pick ups from a surgery and nothing else. Can anyone help me out?!

It's basically wanting to make sure you don't do anything you're not competent in. As a community technician your biggest limitation is clinical knowledge, which is why when discussing things with patients we ask for medical history, existing conditions etc. I pretty much feel like triage for the pharmacist. In our pharmacy (and sop) any elderly, pregnant or child patients need to be referred to a pharmacist, so that is a limitation on me because I am not a pharmacist. Often I take down what meds the patient is taking, or a condition ie diabetes, high blood pressure etc and go to the pharmacist and say this patient needs something for a cold/pain relief/anti histamine etc. The pharmacist doesn't need to intervene every customer, but they need to know what you're selling/advising/signposting because they are responsible for what you do. You could also use something like a patient comes in and wants to buy the morning after pill. You're limited because it has to be the pharmacist that sells it. Or a patient needs an emergency supply, the pharmacist has to be the one to assess the patient. Sorry for the essay!

Comment

Thank you so much and don't apologise for the essay. You have given me a lot of things to talk about in a professional discussion that is coming up!

Comment

Working...
      X