Professional discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional discussion

Hi guys! I know it's not really a pharmacy question as such but I have to prepare for two major discussions that will be recorded.
    Basically I am (hopefully) nearing the end of the road and I have a fair bit of loose ends to get tied up.
    I am just wondering if anyone can advise me on the best way to go about this. I get very nervous about these things at the best of times but knowing it is being recorded is my idea of hell!!!!!!!

Hi, is it for nvq 3? How do you know it's recorded? Have you done other professional discussions? When I did mine I did a pd for every unit, the assessor sent me the questions beforehand but I wasn't recorded she just transcribed what I said as I said it (I just wrote my answer out and read it to her), and asked me a few leading questions so I would give the answers I needed to to get the criteria met. Your assessor will understand nerves and try to put you at ease.

Comment

Yes. It is for an NVQ 3. When I got my last feedback, I got word of these and was told that they are recorded. I have list of questions as long as your arm! Did you do yours with Buttercups?

Comment

No, I did mine through the NPA. Even if it is recorded just write your answer down, it will at least get your thoughts in order. I take it if you have a lot of questions you are doing them all in one go? I had to do one per unit and they didn't get signed off until the discussion was done.
        if you are really nervous maybe record yourself reading the answer, and see if there's anything you can improve on (''er, um, like") etc.

Comment

Yes, all told I have about another 12 questions to answer! I haven't had any follow up conversations so I have them now. Thanks so much for all your help. I will certainly take all your advice on board!!

Comment

Originally posted by Secret squirrel View Post
            Hi guys! I know it's not really a pharmacy question as such but I have to prepare for two major discussions that will be recorded.
            Basically I am (hopefully) nearing the end of the road and I have a fair bit of loose ends to get tied up.
            I am just wondering if anyone can advise me on the best way to go about this. I get very nervous about these things at the best of times but knowing it is being recorded is my idea of hell!!!!!!!
            Hello Secret Squirrel

If you'd like some practical tips about preparing for your PD, please make contact via your assessor, our training inbox or by telephone. We recognise that a PD can be an unnerving experience, especially when completing one for the first time, but our assessors are very understanding of this and can reassure you ahead of time if required.

Comment

Whenever I phone a company etc, always get a statement saying all is recorded. This is just in case there is a dispute over what was said later. You have already been recorded many times. Don't worry. When a rep, often had role playing exercises which were videoed for later review.
              johnep

Comment

I did one today and yes it is recorded.

Comment

Try and eliminate word tics such as "You know", "Actually" "Basically", "To be Honest" etc..
                  You will note no professional presenter uses them.
                  johnep

Comment

Working...
                  X