Medication usage reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medication usage reviews

Can anyone help me? I am stuck in trying to think of the legal and ethical requirements in doing these things. I have never seen one in practice before. Legally, stuff like patient consent and confidentiality are paramount along with the pharmacist having to be qualified to do them. Ethically I have not much of a clue!!!!!!
    I guess that it is a good thing to have these records in order to maintain optimal patient care and providing their GP of any referrals or issues that may have arisen from these?!

What is this for? if you don't mind me asking.

A lot of the ethical points surrounding MURs stem from money.

Comment

I need to cover some ethical reasons for pharmacists preparing MURs. I am now thinking that it may include being respectful and showing dignity towards the patient. I am probably barking up the wrong tree but I take your point about the money!

Comment

Originally posted by Secret squirrel View Post
        I need to cover some ethical reasons for pharmacists preparing MURs. I am now thinking that it may include being respectful and showing dignity towards the patient. I am probably barking up the wrong tree but I take your point about the money!
        Sometimes its the obvious things - such as the facilities, safeguarding, patient confidentiality, chaperone etc that are important to the activity that is required to answer these questions.
        Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
        Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
        If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

These days essential to have a chaperone for young ladies and children.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            These days essential to have a chaperone for young ladies and children.
            johnep
            In these times of reduced staff hours and targets - this should not be forgotten.
            If you are unable to conduct a potential MUR due to this make sure it is noted somewhere for 'the management' to audit.
            Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
            Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
            If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Thanks so much for all your help. You have both gave me ideas. I thought this might have been the case but I wanted to make sure!

Comment

Working...
              X