ongoing nvq 3!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ongoing nvq 3!!!!

Hi everyone,it's gone very quiet out there.Are you all very busy with your reports? I have just done the risk assessment for unit 4,think i might only need another 2 reports now,just need to find some policies or evidence of some kind.Taken a few photo's,still not liking it though,never feel confident that i've done things rightHowz everybody else getting on?

Re: ongoing nvq 3!!!!

Hi Sammy, our shop has just rebranded there to Boots from Alliance so no time to do any in shop work ! I have been doing a wee chunk of my next module ( which is all about atoms and micro organisms !!!)each night. I am just about there...It was supposed to be in by today (25th) but It looks like next week before I will send it in..still waiting for results on my last 3 pieces of work that I sent to my tutor for marking..They seem to take for ever to come back and then you think no news is good news then the big brown envelope appears and you havent passed and you have to spend more time fixing it...very frustrating...Do you get any time to study in the shop ? I am supposed to get a half hour a day if and when possible ..which lately has been nothing at all..it really helps when you do get the time...hope you find your evidence for your unit...

Comment

I to noticed it has gone quiet,
      I think I'm finished the two units just going to check them over make sure I've crossed all the T's and dotted the i;s if you know what i mean.

We to are having a re fit, so the place in utter chaos.
      we don't get any time in work to do our course as we're so busy hate having to do it at home, but on the plus side only two more units to do yipeeeeee
      godd luck with it all everyone

Comment

hi, i 'm new to this. i am just finishing off unit 1. i really find it difficult to find the time to study. we'll be rebranding soon 2, looking forward to it. have no time to study at work, don't really feel like theres much support there either. trying to tie the pharmacist down to look through my work work before it goes off is impossible.......expert witness-i don't think so. oh my goodness, i'm moaning again!! lol

Comment

Just a normal days work for me,no refit i'm pleased to say,seems like thats happening for a lot of you out there and you have my sympathyI still seem to be messing about trying to finish this unit 4 off!i'm getting a bit lazy now though,can't find the will to check my work as much as i used to so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed it'll be okI don't get any time at work to do the course nor do i get any support,seems thats happening a lot out there tooBTW i don't like the sound of those atoms and micro-wotsits.How long does the new style course last for?my collegue hasn't recieved any info on it yet,she starts in january and is quite interested/terrified to know

Comment

Hi Sammy. the new style NVQ 3 is still done over 2 years although at this rate I think 5 is more like it.. Its just new too everyone. My tutor even had problems with the marking procedures to begin with. As I had mentioned before its the not knowing how much info to put into the answers. My pharmacist Claire has even been stumped by a few of the questions that I had answered thinking they were right but came back wrong.You only get 2 attempts at passing the Modules then you have to wait until next year to restart them again..I have only passed the first one with units passed inbetween. you get one or two units the 2-3 modules all the way through course. maybe I am meking too much of it as I have been out of school for over 30 years so I have really got to think about things..To be honest I am actually enjoying this module which takes me back to my chemistry days about the periodic table, one thing I can say is thank God for the internet!!!its been a massive help. if your collegue wants any help or info before she starts then I would be delighted to help..We had a "study"day back in sept as they knew a lot of people were struggling on the modules and it was designed to help anyone wishing to get a wee bit help.only myself and 3 others turned up which was really bad so they dont think they will do another one ..shame cause it was really helpful..gald you are nearly finished yours..can I be cheeky and ask if you got a wage rise when you started course.I was told I would get one but ...zilch still getting £6.00 per hour !!less than some checkout operators !!

Comment

I'm nearly 48 so i've been out of school a while too!My collegue is only 27 so she may find it easier although i think sometimes when you're older you perhaps try harder.I got a pay rise when i passed the dispensary assistant course which i think is probably equivalent to nvq1,my next pay rise is when i finish this in march .That will put me on 7.50 an hour although we usually get a pay rise of about 20p per hour in january so i may be on 7.70ish.I work for an independant,not bad money compared to some but still ridiculous for the amount of work and responsibility that everybody has in this line of work At the moment i think it's 6.50 per hour starting rate in dispensary and 6.00 on the counter

Comment

thanks for that info..just finished another bit of module..still looking for the answer to giving a balanced equation on methane? any ideas..???:!!
                think I will sleep one that one...£7.70 an hour sounds good .a lot more than us .

Comment

Hi guys! Things on a go slow again,people off sick.....again!!!! Hopefully get some reports done this weekend.
                  Comparing wages, I work for an independant and I get £7.00 per hour and £83.00 per month training allowance. However I am interested to see what my wage will go up to when Im finished because obviously I will have to loose the training allowance!

Comment

WOW! whats with the training allowance,i fancy some of that.SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD BE GETTING A GOOD PAY RISE THEN

Comment

Sorry have missed the one on methane. This is a gas given off when matter is fermenting under anaerobic conditions and we all pass 2-5 litres a day.

Present in all fermenting organic matter in ponds etc and also responsible for accidents in coal mines when known as fire damp.

Anyway, what was the question again.?
                      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by merc2412 View Post
                        thanks for that info..just finished another bit of module..still looking for the answer to giving a balanced equation on methane? any ideas..???:!!
                        think I will sleep one that one...£7.70 an hour sounds good .a lot more than us .
                        Hey Merc!

Wee deviation from the thread, but I see you're "Fae Kilsyth". Did a few locums there a good few years ago...has to be one of the most beautiful villages in Scotland.

You're a lucky guy...

Here's tae us!

Fleeg.
                        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

help please ! can any one help me with my last question in module D before its complete for me to submit? the question is...
                          "give an example of water as a temperaure buffer " any ideas ?really strugling with these modules. If any one can suggest anything it would be great...tnx

Comment

Originally posted by merc2412 View Post
                            help please ! can any one help me with my last question in module D before its complete for me to submit? the question is...
                            "give an example of water as a temperaure buffer " any ideas ?really strugling with these modules. If any one can suggest anything it would be great...tnx
                            Not sure of the context of the question?
                            water has high specific heat capacity which means that its hard to increase/decrease water temp so it acts as a temperature buffer.
                            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Radiator in a car. Actually water is usually used as a heat transfer medium.

johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X