skin whitening preparations..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skin whitening preparations..

Im studying pharmacy in my 2nd year and have been giving an essay title of simply 'skin whitening preparations'. I have been researching and found out uses for them etc, but am struggling to find prescription skin whitening preparations.. for treatments of things like vitiligo,melasma...
    Was wondering if anyone knows of any? i could do with finding out some formulations.
    Thanks x

Re: skin whitening preparations..

Hi beth

Not sure if you would use skin lighteners in vitiligo - patches of skin become pale so camouflagers are used like Veil and Covermark.
    Hydroquinone i think is used in melasma, and some sunscreens can be used to lighten the skin (or protect from damage)
    If treatments don't work, last resort might be laser treatment.
    Try the following links:

Black History Month: Home
    SW+SS Skin whitening. Soap and other natural skin lightening products with L glutathione
    eMedicine - Skin Lightening and Depigmenting Agents : Article by Alaina James

hope these help
    http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Skin tone creams very popular in West Africa. Believe banned here.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Skin tone creams very popular in West Africa. Believe banned here.
        johnep
        Generally banned in most countries but sold on the thriving black market. Betamethasone is one of the most well known of the commonly licensed products that can be abused for skin lightening. Hydrocortisone is not very effective in medical creams. A common side effect is the appearance of dark patches of skin. It is certainly more wide spread than West Africa, skin lightening is not safe and should be discouraged, banning the products leads to a black market and sympathetic doctors prescribing steroid creams for "other uses" but as long as lighter is better is promoted through the media and by celebrities many young women (and older women) will continue to use these products.

Bit of a laugh really with Uk girls doing dangerous things to get darker skin and African girls doing dangerous things to get lighter skin, another reason why I am really glad to be a man.
        Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
        (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Originally posted by beth x View Post
          Im studying pharmacy in my 2nd year and have been giving an essay title of simply 'skin whitening preparations'. I have been researching and found out uses for them etc, but am struggling to find prescription skin whitening preparations.. for treatments of things like vitiligo,melasma...
          Was wondering if anyone knows of any? i could do with finding out some formulations.
          Thanks x
          Azeleic acid is one of the treatments approved world over for Melasma. Not sure about UK.

ave a look at eMedicine - Melasma : Article by Andrew D Montemarano

The first company to market was Allergan, where I worked Long Ago.

Shan
          [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2DA4I4TGw[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X