npa cd registers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• npa cd registers

when you are entering up a dipsensed methadone script into the npa register theres a column headed 'date supplied'

do you always put todays date there or do you put the 'actual' date of supply there, bearing in mind that you can enter cd drugs on the day of supply or the following day.
    ECDR.UK

Re: npa cd registers

you put the actual date of supply to the patient. you have up to 48 hours to enter in the register but it's good practice (and common sense) to enter it up on the same day.
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
      you put the actual date of supply to the patient. you have up to 48 hours to enter in the register but it's good practice (and common sense) to enter it up on the same day.
      But say you made entries on 24th june. Then just before closing you dispensed one methadone script.

Then the next morning a locum comes in and does not notice this. He then dispenses and enters controlled drugs for 25th june. Just before closing on that day he then dispenses the same one methadone script as yesterday. But he then notices this has not been entered for yesterday. So he goes to enter these into the register.

He now has a problem in that he has to enter this methadone script twice once for 24th june and once for 25th june. But seeing that he has already made entries for 25th he cant put the date supplied for this script as 24th as the dates would not be in chronological order.

So would he then put 25th june for the date supplied for this script for both supplies?

But then if an inspector was to come in and look at the register it would appear to him that two seperate supplies were made to this patient on the same day, which would not add up.
      ECDR.UK

Comment

This has happened to me on several occasions. I have simply made a note and entered. longest period before supply and entry has been a month. Fortunately, Pharmacy Manager has 'dispensed items' report and was able to find name of pt from this. Suggestion is that Saturday Pharmacist checks through CD cupd and reconciles with register.
        johnep

Comment

That's why you should never leave anything like that for a locum, you should write it up before you leave if you are not in the next day.

Comment

Conversely, this is also why a locum should not leave this task to the regular pharmacist.
            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
              Conversely, this is also why a locum should not leave this task to the regular pharmacist.
              My procedure is to enter immediately. If this is not possible put the script into the register in 'bookmark fashion' so that it sticks out. This acts as a reminder to make the entry. The register then gets left somewhere in sight.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Fully agree..make the entry immediately. It only takes seconds, and you can get on with the work without it sitting in the back of your mind.
                Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
                X