Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Assistants/Technicians belong to a union?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Assistants/Technicians belong to a union?

If so, which one?

I rang 'Unison', they said that another union would be best suited to myself (pharmacy is private sector).

I rang the TUC, and they said that the 'GMB' would be the union for me. But I had a look on their (GMB) website and there is no mention of the pharmaceutical industry, whereas on the 'Unite' website they had a section for this industry....

I rang APTUK mid-morning on Monday - no answer, so I sent them an email and no reply as yet

It's not a must that I should join a union, but in the current climate and the current situation (see my other thread) I thought I should at least have a look into it!

Re: Any Assistants/Technicians belong to a union?

I'm a Unison member. Have been since my days as a "civil servant". There are no specific unions for the Pharm sector that i'm aware of. Unions don't have the power they used to have anyway. But they can give great advice when you need it.
    Don't bother contacting the APTUK. I emailed them several times last year and i'm still waiting for a reply..............................

Comment

Yeah I get the impression the APTUK seem to be rather unwilling...

Like you said they (unions) don't have as much clout as they once had, but it might be worth it for the advice (or I can just seek advice on here from you lovely people! )

Comment

I don't know why the APTUK ignores it's members. But they do. I've had more response from them on Facebook!!!! The ONLY time they bother to communicate is when the fees are overdue. And this organisation is supposed to represent us as a group of workers!!!!! They'll have to improve things if they want all registered Techs to join up. At the moment, i've allowed my membership to lapse as a couple of crappy mags and a shiny badge isn't worth the annual fee.....................

Give Unison a try. They are normally very helpful........

Comment

Originally posted by TangoFiver View Post
          If so, which one?

I rang 'Unison', they said that another union would be best suited to myself (pharmacy is private sector).

I rang the TUC, and they said that the 'GMB' would be the union for me. But I had a look on their (GMB) website and there is no mention of the pharmaceutical industry, whereas on the 'Unite' website they had a section for this industry....

I rang APTUK mid-morning on Monday - no answer, so I sent them an email and no reply as yet

It's not a must that I should join a union, but in the current climate and the current situation (see my other thread) I thought I should at least have a look into it!

Pharmacy private sector! And I suppose the prescriptions that techs dispense are nothing to do with the NHS.
          MUR

Major Underestimation of Resources

Comment

Originally posted by Jen the 3rd View Post
            Pharmacy private sector! And I suppose the prescriptions that techs dispense are nothing to do with the NHS.
            Yup, well their words were 'there would be another union which would better suit my needs' and told me to phone TUC, which I did, who said the GMB is the union for me

Comment

Originally posted by TangoFiver View Post
              Yup, well their words were 'there would be another union which would better suit my needs' and told me to phone TUC, which I did, who said the GMB is the union for me

Sounds about right, I've heard of the GMB , colleague I work with (dispenser) has been with them for about 10 or so years...costs about £12/month
              Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Working...
              X