Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVQ3 pharmacy technician HELP

I wonder if anyone can help me?
    I am working my way through unit 1 and tearing my hair out!
    I need to show my knowlege of Modern Medicines Managment. Im on holiday at the moment and working on this from home.
    I can't seem to find any information on the basic principles of Modern Medicines Managment. I have trawled the internet,the Medicines and Ethics book and have emailed my Pharmacist. He has yet to reply.
    Can anyone help me??
    Thanks

Re: NVQ3 pharmacy technician HELP

Hey Leeann..

I haven't practised in UK for a good few years, but would this be any help?

medicines management uk - Google Search=

Fleeg.
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by leeannW View Post
      I wonder if anyone can help me?
      I am working my way through unit 1 and tearing my hair out!
      I need to show my knowlege of Modern Medicines Managment. Im on holiday at the moment and working on this from home.
      I can't seem to find any information on the basic principles of Modern Medicines Managment. I have trawled the internet,the Medicines and Ethics book and have emailed my Pharmacist. He has yet to reply.
      Can anyone help me??
      Thanks
      hi Leennw

Modern medicines managment is a broad topic concerning the system of delivering medicinal therapy to patients at MINIMIZED cost. i.e providing better value for the money from medicines prescribing and enabling patients to get the best from their medicines by ensuring they get enough support.

some practical applications of MM;
      MURs
      Repeat dispensing
      patient access to medicines ANYTIME and ANYWHERE (i.e 100 hours pharmacies, pharmacies providing out-of-hour dispensing).

Hence it's all about maximising the use of available current resources to provide the best pharmaceutical care for patients.

i hope this helps
      [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Raoul
        Thanks very much for taking the time to help, much appreciated.
        I shall get cracking with this in the morning.
        Many thanks
        Leeann

Comment

Medicines Management Network North West

check the vedio in this link, it explains everything about MM
          good luck
          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for the backup Raoul..good posts..much appreciated.
            Fleeg
            Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

hi all---i to am having difficulty with this unit-----hair pulling i have tried and it really doent work--lol
              it seems its the same knowledge based questions that are causing the problems-----
              i have tried to access the link above but to no affect----just keeps telling me i cant log in---even though i have tried to register-----another hour wasted------can anyone give me the answer--not the jargon
              i have passed my first year with each module attaining a+s and the unit 10 of second year with no resubs---but am struggling with the same question as above --the basic principles of modern medicines management and also the transactional and administational one--K15 and K7
              please help
              i really am trying hard to attain all that i can but these a so beyond me
              many thanks
              Helen

Comment

Hi guys! I'm having a problem with one of the questions from progression assesment. Can anyone help me please? "Which registration bodies would u contact to check the registration status of: a doctor, nurse prescriber, a dentist? I thought of calling the surgery, hospital or dental surgery, and GMC NMC GDC websites... cant think of anything else...

Comment

I just put the GMC, NMC and GDC websites and telephone numbers. That was sufficient on my course.

Comment

Thanks a lot, but what did u mean by "telephone numbers"? from the surgery or dental clinic?

Comment

Sorry, I meant the ones for the GMC/GDC/NMC -they are on the website- but we cannot access their websites from work, therefore having the telephone numbers makes it easier!

Comment

Working...
                      X