Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiac arrest boxes and extemporaneous preparations

Hi,
    Can anyone help me, I doing NVQ level 3 Unit 1 pharmacy techincian, and its doing my head in. I'm stuck on Extemporaneous prepared Suppositories and Capsules, also cardiac arrest boxes. We don't do these so i ain't got a clue. Could anyone tell me where i could find any information. I've searched the internet but seem to be getting nowhere. Its no good me asking at work cause i haven't got a mentor only locums, no offence to any locums.
    Kaz

Re: Cardiac arrest boxes and extemporaneous preparations

Cardiac arrest boxes used in hospitals. No community pharmacy ever had one. Only thing you may come across is a defibrillator.
    johnep

Comment

Locums can be very helpful and some of them may have already put staff through the course if they used to be managers. John is a locum and has just answered your question, so ask the locums you see for help.

Comment

so is there no where i can just research it and do a simulation to?

Comment

Empty capsules are obtainable from wholesalers. Suppositories more difficult, you need the moulds. Modern supps are cast into the plastic packaging.
          Dott Boniface used to make these machines, have a search on google.
          johnep

Comment

hi there,it's doin my head in big time!on unit 1 element 4 you only need to prepare 3 types of products listed,can't you do zineryt for a topical prep,an antibiotic for an oral liquid preparation and maybe a simulation for Wsp and emulsifying ointment 50:50 for a dilution?hope this helps

Comment

if you work in the community it says we don't have to do cardiac boxes

as for the extemp yes you can use Zineryt, an antibiotic and if you don't come across an extemp you can get your pharmacist to set you a question,
              that's what i've done

glad I'm not the only one who's struggling with it, I thought I was being dim

Lisa

Comment

Working...
              X