Nvq3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvq3

Hi,not very computer literate so just testing really to see if this works.feel the need to moan about nvq3 because its doin my head in.on unit 1 at the moment and having trouble trying to tie in all the knowledge points into my reports,seem to be doing pharmacy assessments more than i feel i should,does anybody else have the same problem or is it just me being a bit dim?

Re: Nvq3

Hi Sammy
    It's not you at all. I have finished my NVQ 3 but remember being so frustrated with collecting all that evidence and then doing all the write-ups etc!!!!!!!!!!! It drove me mad......................
    I just ended up collecting anything and everything to try and link it all as evidence and get enough to finish and submit my stuff. I did get a lot of help from my assessor and tutor though so maybe you could talk to them about how you're feeling.
    Hang in there as it's worth it in the end.................
    Julie

Comment

hi sammy
      I agree with you I'm doing Unit 1 at the mo and find myself being on the computer at home till late some evenings after a hard days shift in work
      Roll on next march when it's all over with

Comment

Its been 5 weeks since i sent off units 3 and 11 and i still don't know if i've met the standards.tutors on hols apparently,fed up of waiting!

Comment

Blimey!!! That's a long time. I sent all my units off at the same time and had to wait a long time to hear if i'd passed or not. You can always call the people at the assessment centre. I think I rang the external assessor several times. They are there to help and support you as much as assess your work.
          It will all be over very soon though.

Comment

I sent my units 3 and 11 off about 3 weeks ago, so hopefully mine due back soon

Sammy I would ring them to make sure they have recived them

Comment

hi,welshoney,i have rung them and was told my stuff is still with the tutor and that the tutor has been on holiday,suspense is killing me!guess i'll just have to learn to be patient.
              Good luck with your results,let me know when you get them.

Comment

thanks will do my collegue is doing the couyrse the same time as me, she sent hers off a week before mine and she's had hers back and didn't have to re submit anything. i bet mine will come tomorrow when [email protected] off

same to you to x x

Comment

Thats good that you've got a collegue doin it aswell,i'm the first one to do it and the only one doing it ,i work for a small independent chemist and don't have anyone to talk to about it really.Just gonna have a go at doing another report now,probably take me about ten hours!have a nice day off

Comment

in one way it is good that we are doing it the same time, but also it's hard. as we are both looking for the same evidence.....so can be difficult when you are looking for a particular piece of evidence to cover a range or knowledge.
                    It happened last week, my collegue had an english rx (as we live in Wales) so she could cover charges and exemptions..I'll have to cover it with a pharmacy question.

I too work for an independant.
                    If you need to talk about this I'm happy to help
                    Lisa

Comment

i see what you mean,at least i get all the evidence for myself! I'll let you know when i get my work back and if i need to resubmit any.In the meantime i'll keep plodding on with it and hope for the best,thanks for offering to listen to me its nice not to feel that i'm completely on my own,don't think people realise just how hard this course can be i suspect they just think i'm moaning or a bit thick,they're probably right on both counts!

Comment

Honestly it isn't just you. I struggle with matching it all up. I think I end up writing way too many reports just to make sure I have well and truly covered all the PC.

Comment

hi razorbladekisses,glad to hear that,you sometimes wonder if you're making things harder than what they should be .I've only had unit 10 returned so far and was hoping for feedback and maybe a few tips or ideas on how i'd done but all the assessor wrote was 'good work,well done' which was a relief to have met the standards but as i said dissapointing not to receive feedback saying i'd maybe gone into too much depth.I'm so trying /hoping to make it much easier ,in my dreams!

Comment

I know what you mean. Is your NVQ with the NPA or City&Guilds? Mine is with City&Guilds and in unit 2 it suggests the number of reports you should have for each element which was quite helpful. Does yours have some kind of guideline?

Maybe you could telephone your acessor and ask if he/she thinks you wrote to much. What does your tutor say when she authorises it before it's sent to the acessor?

How far have you got with both the modules and units and how long do you have to finish it?

Comment

hi there,mine is with NPA.yes it does give you a guide about how many reports to do .Unit 1,element 1 says 6 but i've done 9!Needed to do pharmacy assessment questions for clinical trials,modern medicines management and also did one on script forms to cover k14,k18 and k19.Did another on legal requirements to cover k3,k9,k17 and k30.does this sound right to you?Unfortunately i have a tutor who isn't interested in anybodys training she hardly looks at the reports,just signs them.The owner of the shop put me on the course but i hardly see him so i'm on my own apart from you people out there,its nice to just voice my opinion!i'm about half way through unit 1 at the moment and am due to finish the course next march when i might just get a life back with a bit of luck:

Comment

Working...
                              X