Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the basic principles of modern medicines management

NVQ unit 1,
    I have to show my knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of modern medicines management
    do they mean my role as a dispenser?...or pharmacy in general?
    is that MUR's,PGD's,diabetes/cholestrol/h.pylori testing, help please,if only I understood what it is they want then I can write it up!!
    julie

Re: the basic principles of modern medicines management

I've recently submitted unit 1 and had no idea what to write for the basic principles of modern medicines management. Tbh I don't understand what it's even asking. I asked my manager and she's like oh don't worry about it, I'm sure you've covered it. Anyway, I didn't know where to claim for it so just left it. The unit came back fine so I wouldn't spend too much time on this part.

Comment

ok.....all I have to do now is pretend I can extemporaniously dispense!
      thats for the info
      julie

Comment

I struggled with the extemp. part. We just don't make anything up anymore so it seems kind of pointless.

If it helps I did:

1% menthol in aqueous cream (pharmacist assessment/simulation)
        Zineryt
        For the third one it was another pharmacist assessment/simulation about a dilution. You have Galcodeine 15mg/5ml in stock but the scripts asks for 100ml of codeine paediatric linctus 3mg/5ml. Explain how you would calculate and prepare codeine paediatric solution.

Comment

I too am struggling how to fit it in to a report
          When I went on the training day the assessor said not to worry to much about the k's but I do think it depends on who is marking your course.

I'm struglgling on payments and charges as I live in Wales and can't remember the last time we had an English Rx
          i have emailed them to see if this section can be covered by a pharmacy question but as yet had no reply

Comment

Working...
          X