Lets hear it for the assistants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets hear it for the assistants

I'm a new-comer to the world of pharmacy locuming, but am getting on in years, and have been round pharmacy a long time!! I want every pharmacist reading this, to applaud the assistant, who runs the place, who argues with the GPs (and receptionists - spawn of the devil), who knows that Mrs Smith's insulin will have to be ordered, who recognises every methadone patient as they come in thus saving you the job of interogating them to establish identity, who does a thousand and one other jobs, to make YOUR life easier, and then at the end of the day gets paid a pittance for their labours. In these days of multiples being run on locums (Never a good idea) the day to day servicing of the patient devolves down onto these ladies - almost always ladies, but there are some gentlemen out there!!
    As i said, I am new to this world, and no doubt there are the assistants from hell out there, but I have yet to meet them - famous last words!!
    Regards
    funkyfarmacist

Re: Lets hear it for the assistants

Hiya Bob,
    What have you been up to - I thought you'd started a new managers job.

Jeff - older and not as funky as I used to be.

Comment

Hi Bob, believe you have had a hard time. Hope all past you now. Remember that in locum work, tomorrow is another day. I have been a regular part time locum now for 8 years following 'retirement'. Had some bad times but mostly good. Today was Sunday rota in Suffolk market town. Saturdays locum unable to find liothyronine and lady was most upset. Came in today to retrieve script as told only Addenbrookes had it in stock.

On arrival, I had heard story, went staight to 'T' drawer and found Tertroxin right away.

Problem solved. No other script came in for whole hour.

Bank holiday rota tomorrow so hope a bit more exciting

You can look forward to time off with your family at Christmas.
      johnep

Comment

[[email protected];11890]I'm a new-comer to the world of pharmacy locuming, but am getting on in years, and have been round pharmacy a long time!! I want every pharmacist reading this, to applaud the assistant, who runs the place, who argues with the GPs (and receptionists - spawn of the devil), who knows that Mrs Smith's insulin will have to be ordered, who recognises every methadone patient as they come in thus saving you the job of interogating them to establish identity, who does a thousand and one other jobs, to make YOUR life easier, and then at the end of the day gets paid a pittance for their labours. In these days of multiples being run on locums (Never a good idea) the day to day servicing of the patient devolves down onto these ladies - almost always ladies, but there are some gentlemen out there!!
        As i said, I am new to this world, and no doubt there are the assistants from hell out there, but I have yet to meet them - famous last words!!
        Regards
        funkyfarmacist[/QUOTRE: Yes they do get paid a pittance, how unfair is that? but where would you be without them?
        Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

[QUOTE=SPIDER;11922]
          Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          I'm a new-comer to the world of pharmacy locuming, but am getting on in years, and have been round pharmacy a long time!! I want every pharmacist reading this, to applaud the assistant, who runs the place, who argues with the GPs (and receptionists - spawn of the devil), who knows that Mrs Smith's insulin will have to be ordered, who recognises every methadone patient as they come in thus saving you the job of interogating them to establish identity, who does a thousand and one other jobs, to make YOUR life easier, and then at the end of the day gets paid a pittance for their labours. In these days of multiples being run on locums (Never a good idea) the day to day servicing of the patient devolves down onto these ladies - almost always ladies, but there are some gentlemen out there!!
          Regards
          funkyfarmacist[/QUOTRE: Yes they do get paid a pittance, how unfair is that? but where would you be without them?
          If only all the technicians and dispensers were paid the same. I know in some pharmacies that they are not....
          Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

Thanx for all the replies folks - I know this reply should be in more pharmacy orientated forums, but I should have done locumming a lot sooner - I enjoy being ME!! And I still hold a torch for all the dispensers and assistants out there!!
            Regards
            funkyfarmacist

Comment

Dispensing assistants, shop assistants, MCA assistants etc. All are fantastic and the multiples or any pharmacy would grind to a halt without them. But they are all badly underpaid for the work they actually do. Our girls have just done their counter assistants course and I read through some of the questions on their assessment papers. They were really difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!
              And we are proud to say that the girls all passed with flying colours. Well done ladies. I'm now trying to persuade them to start on the dispensing assistants course but having no luck as they know that their pay won't increase as much as their workload will.
              Where's the incentive????

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                Regards
                funkyfarmacist
                Hear hear BobD
                http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...snroses2-1.jpg

”We are real. We are not glam sh*t or anything else. We are Guns N’ Roses.”

Comment

Working...
                X