ACT Final Assesment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACT Final Assesment

Currently working in community as a technician, qualified last year and working on my ACT course. I'm nearing the completion after checking over 1000 items in a diary log over a 4 month period.

I have my final assessment soon and understand it involves checking 20 prescriptions. Can anyone give any details as to how its all setup and whether my pharmacist tutor has to attend the final with me.

The role of an ACT will be a new one in our pharmacy and am looking forward to fulfilling this role. I'm thinking on moving onto hospital but not sure whether I will like the working style there. Any advice ?

Re: ACT Final Assesment

Originally posted by PT-1 View Post
    Currently working in community as a technician, qualified last year and working on my ACT course. I'm nearing the completion after checking over 1000 items in a diary log over a 4 month period.

I have my final assessment soon and understand it involves checking 20 prescriptions. Can anyone give any details as to how its all setup and whether my pharmacist tutor has to attend the final with me.

The role of an ACT will be a new one in our pharmacy and am looking forward to fulfilling this role. I'm thinking on moving onto hospital but not sure whether I will like the working style there. Any advice ?
    The 20 baskets are lined up for you to check. If you encounter a basket with everything wrong, name each one of them rather than writing everything wrong.

Depending on whose course you are doing (I'll assume the NPA one) if you miss anything you are advised and presented with another 5 baskets. Once you have "passed" there is a professional discussion with the certification body.

It is best for the Pharmacist to attend with you, they can not go into the checking assessment but are welcomed in the professional discussion, which is not at all scary!

Good luck!
    ---

JDG

Comment

Re: ACT Final Assesment

Experience locally is that ACT is the passport to hospital work and all the benefits that gives you re working conditions etc.

Multiples now not so keen on supporting staff wanting to become ACTs, as they feel will lose them.
      johnep

Comment

Working...
      X