Technician to manage website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technician to manage website

I am looking for a suitable person to manage the company website. I will be expecting the individual to develop MDS from local authority and private care home sources for when ETP becomes live. However we also sell a couple of hundred pounds worth of stuff a week over the site. I want this managed efficiently and professionally as well as increasing as we are planning local radio adverts.

Do you think a technician would welcome such a position? I am thinking of £18k + profit and performance related bonus.

IT IS NOT AN INTERNET PHARMACY. It is the company website.

Is it appropriate for me to post such things here? I will remove it if you wish admin. It isn't a job advert but a question as to whether techs see themselves as suitably commercially aware to take part in such a project.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Re: Technician to manage website

I think someone would welcome the opportunity Sounds good.

Comment

Go on, give us the link.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Go on, give us the link.
        johnep
        There seems to be a world of opportunity for Technicians, perhaps more than pharmacists these days.
        I've heard that Cegedimrx are looking for a Pharmacy Technician to work on product file updates for Pharmacy Manager from their Leyland offices.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Unfortunately a disappointing number of pharmacists are "can do". Too eager to talk about their four year degree and unwilling to be flexible. Obviously this creates opportunities for "can do" people. Clearly an IT person would be good to manage a pharmacy website but the regulatory burden on pharmacy is poorly understood by people who have never worked in it. Clearly technicians who want to develop and are "can do" have significant opportunity.

Comment

I would have been interested in this position, however, I am now happily employed.

The problem with these sorts of posts is that an IT-person doesn't have enough pharmacy commerical accumen or awareness of legislation but a pharmacy technician doesn't have the suitable IT skills. The happy medium is difficult to achieve.

Good luck.

Comment

You do have IT skills simply by using a computer. There are lots of packages to help in putting together a website that people want to visit. What is required is enthusiasm and a sense of what would be interesting to pharmaceutically involved people. Your existing experience will have given you a large chunk of that. Often it is not the actual programming that is important, it is the flair to recognise what will work.

I consider some artistic ability would be an advantage, sadly lacking in me.
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
                I would have been interested in this position, however, I am now happily employed.

The problem with these sorts of posts is that an IT-person doesn't have enough pharmacy commerical accumen or awareness of legislation but a pharmacy technician doesn't have the suitable IT skills. The happy medium is difficult to achieve.

Good luck.
                Speak for youself, LOL! Yes, it sounds like something an IT competent experienced technician such as myself could do.

Comment

It is. I assure you

Comment

Running a website requires far more IT skills than just being able to turn on a computer and type on a forum. CSS, JavaScript, HTML, ASP.NET....?

Comment

Java etc, yes if starting from scratch. Lots of site software packages out there.
                      johnep

Comment

The firm that developed the website will take care of that. I want someone to keep the prices updated, deal with queries, order and send out orders and deal with local radio advertising whilst keeping me away from the stat comm.

I also want someone to develop relationships with large customers so that we stock their requirements.

Basically the candidate will run a business, subject to professional regulatory limits but use a computer rather than speak face to face.

Comment

I'm assuming although everything is done on the PC that you need someone that lives nearby?

Comment

Yes. Assembling orders etc could only be done locally

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
                              Running a website requires far more IT skills than just being able to turn on a computer and type on a forum. CSS, JavaScript, HTML, ASP.NET....?
                              Not necessarily,
                              You could get a website made up for you for the general look and feel, and use a 'content management system' to manage the verbage. (if that's the write phrase <g>)
                              But what do I know about computers... I'm only a pharmacist.
                              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X