Nvq2 Help Pls!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvq2 Help Pls!!!!!!!!

oh pls help, just starting NVQ2 in pharmacy services..........

Re: Nvq2 Help Pls!!!!!!!!

How can we help you?
    johnep

Comment

just cannot make head nor tail of how i'm going to put all this together, sheets sheets sheets of paper!! really worrying about the first module, i'm sure i'll be fine when i've done that one but its getting there thats the prob!!

Comment

cant you ask your pharmacist, im sure they can help and who started you on this course without providing further help, the idiots.
        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Probably a forum somewhere. try a google.
          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by karlakyle View Post
            just cannot make head nor tail of how i'm going to put all this together, sheets sheets sheets of paper!! really worrying about the first module, i'm sure i'll be fine when i've done that one but its getting there thats the prob!!
            That's fear - once you overcome the fear and the rest is relatively easy.

Just remember that all the parties involved want you to pass.

Your employer has spent some money on getting you to do the course - and wouldn't spend it on a course with a high failure rate.

The people who run the course are in the business of selling NVQ's and their reputation depends on them delivering.

Just start at the beginning and read and do what the coursework tells you to do.

Take care

Jeff

Comment

I'm in a similar position but doing NVQ 3. I have bits of paper everywhere that need to be completed with performance criteria, scope, knowledge *confused*

What part are you stuck on at the moment?

Comment

just getting organised is the prob at the min and working out wot i need on all the portfolio pages, i've got paperwork all over too its taking over my life!!!!!!!!!!! does it fall into place eventually???? thanx

Comment

thank you thats a good answer and a good place to start, sit down, keep calm, read then get stuck in hey!!!!! thanx

Comment

I know I'm doing NVQ 3 but it's pretty much the same thing isn't it, maybe we could help each other?

Comment

I've tutored several assistants. Which course are you on and if you have any specific questions just ask.
                      It does make sense eventually.

Just remember that the NVQ is a national qualification and there are some core elements so they are the same if you are a fork lift truck driver, butcher, hairdresser or whatever. If it seems a bit pointless to your present role just answer the questions and don't worry too much about it. The NVQ has to be wide ranging.
                      You'll be fine - any decent employer should help you and give you a pay rise when you have finished.

Comment

hi im in the same position,

ive just started my nvq level 3. i am totally baffled with all the pc's, knowledge, ranges etc!

i have no manager or regular pharmacist and its always far too busy or too short staffed for me to get any help at work!

i'm doing the health and safety module first but i don't know where to start! anyone else doing this at the moment?

boogie x

Comment

Welcome to madhouse of present day pharmacy, where HO expects more and more with less and less.
                          johnep

Comment

I've found that if ya sit and read it and read it and read then plan how you can intergrate each range together with the pc's it makes it slightly clearer, my best idea is to plan plan plan before puting pen to paper, ie: I had an angry customer with special needs (wheelchair) who could't get thru the shop doors because we short shortstaffed due to illness and were too busy to notice him trying to force the doors open for his access, meaning you have covered the ranges busy, special needs and angry all in one essay. the more ranges you can cover in one piece of work means less writing!! hope this helps a little bit.

Comment

also the best way to check you've covered all the pc's, ranges and knowledge requirements is to do them one by one rather than try find them all in one go, the knowledge is what you need to know to do the job, ie special needs customer (wheelchair), you would know that helping him was a customer service knowledge requirement, special needs means he would need more help than a able bodied customer in some situations (adapting to his needs) and another range would be how you dealt with his anger. Follow the same sort of method with H+S and you'll soon work it out, ISH!!!!!:

Comment

Working...
                              X