Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newby

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newby

    Hi everyone

    Was wondering if any techs out there who want to talk to a trainee tech? Just had a change of career and wrking for a small chain for the past 3 years,and starting the dreaded nvq3.

    Anyway, just saying hi to everyone.
    ***Account Suspended at Members Request***

  • #2
    Re: Newby

    Originally posted by animal View Post
    Hi everyone

    Was wondering if any techs out there who want to talk to a trainee tech? Just had a change of career and wrking for a small chain for the past 3 years,and starting the dreaded nvq3.

    Anyway, just saying hi to everyone.
    Hang on in there and take it steady.
    If you get stuck for answers this is the place to ask the questions.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

    If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Newby

      Hi! I completed the NVQIII back in 2001, I'm also an NVQ assessor. Feel free to message me if you have any issues. I think one of the hardest things is if you have an assessor who isn't very proactive or interested in your training. It can be hard to keep the motivation to push things along yourself but it's well worth it in the end.
      Last edited by RegPharmTech; 8, December 2007, 09:36 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Newby

        Thanks guys. Its early days yet as I have just started section 3 drug tarriff (1st year). My boss told me to try to enjoy it as it can be hard work when juggling familylife, the kids the cats etc....

        Nice to know I can get some support if needed as most of the work I do is at home. The pharmacy I work in is busy, and its impossible to get time. I did my 2.5 hour case study theother day and was disturbed 5 times as i was in the stockroom and once to deal with a telephone call. Ah well..
        ***Account Suspended at Members Request***

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Newby

          Originally posted by animal View Post
          Thanks guys. Its early days yet as I have just started section 3 drug tarriff (1st year). My boss told me to try to enjoy it
          Enjoy anything to do with the Drug Tariff?!? that'll be a World First!
          Originally posted by animal View Post
          The pharmacy I work in is busy, and its impossible to get time. I did my 2.5 hour case study theother day and was disturbed 5 times as i was in the stockroom and once to deal with a telephone call.
          What, only 5 times in 2.5 hours? You were lucky!
          Welcome to the Real World...
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Newby

            Oh I am use to the real world and have worked under far more stressful situations lol. over the past 15 years before the days of pharmacy. My point was that when you come into work in your own time (voluntary unpaid!!! because its that busy to do tests during my working hours) to do a 2.5 hour test in test conditions, people should respect that. Its not like the world would end if a packet of nappies were not put on display (stored in the tiny cupboard I had to sit in), or a member of staff at head office who called me could not be asked to call back! I think sometimes common sense goes out of the window. If I was the pharmacist or a senior staff member I could understand.

            I know you think I am mad to do voluntary time, but when you want to get on, you have to put the time in.

            Thanks anyway guys for offers of help in the future , its much appreciated. I have just moved into the area recently and had to leave my last job due to my hubbies work relocation. Changing from a financial banking environment to pharmacy does mean I have to put the work in again.
            ***Account Suspended at Members Request***

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Newby

              Originally posted by animal View Post

              I know you think I am mad to do voluntary time, but when you want to get on, you have to put the time in.

              Thanks anyway guys for offers of help in the future , its much appreciated. I have just moved into the area recently and had to leave my last job due to my hubbies work relocation. Changing from a financial banking environment to pharmacy does mean I have to put the work in again.
              Don't think that you are mad at all - it shows commitment.
              If the shop is in a chain, is there another branch with more space nearby?
              Also request that whoever calls you be told that you are taking a test and will be free at <time>.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

              If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Newby

                Sorry Animal, I didn't realise that you went in for that test in your own time! Not that it should matter; the company is still going to benefit from your additional qualifications, so I think it's only fair that they make it as easy & smooth as possible to gain these qualifications.
                As for answering 'phone calls from Head Office, when you're not even supposed to be in work in the first place: well that's just not on! Just remember: it's the likes of us at the coalface who are earning the money to pay their wages, so they work for us and not the other way round!
                Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Newby

                  Sorry didnt make it clear in the first place. Just having a der moment ignore me

                  Decided how I can do it next time

                  gonna tuck myself behind a pile of yardley fragrance that head office keep sending us to try and sell. They wont find me there

                  Either that or the procedure manuals we are suppose to read he he
                  ***Account Suspended at Members Request***

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Newby

                    Originally posted by animal View Post
                    Sorry didnt make it clear in the first place. Just having a der moment ignore me

                    Decided how I can do it next time

                    gonna tuck myself behind a pile of yardley fragrance that head office keep sending us to try and sell. They wont find me there

                    Either that or the procedure manuals we are suppose to read he he
                    Nice plan, here are some extra tactics.
                    Pile up the full colour 'plan-o-grams' (that cost more than the profit on the stock to produce), the 'Head Office Memos', full of news about the people at head office and how they are making the business successful and invincible to any possible competition; and you will have a virtually impenetrable defence that no-one will think of looking behind. If anyone does find you tell them that you are "checking some sales figures for Head Office for the critical christmas sales barometer period". If you use a clipboard to hold your answer papers this will look even more convincing.

                    Guess who I did my pre-reg with many years ago!
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

                    If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Newby

                      Its true. I found the only way I got through this course was by putting my own time into completing. It meant writing up my reports at home and making sure all evidence was attached to cover the criterias. At the end of the day, no one else is going to complete it for you, have to put 110% in yourself..

                      Good luck !

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X