MHRA decides pseudoephedrine to stay P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHRA decides pseudoephedrine to stay P

The MHRA has decided pseudoephedrine products can stay as P meds, but could still reclassify to POM in 2009 if pharmacy doesn't control sales appropriately.

dotPharmacy: latest news

MHRA – Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency - Home page

Re: MHRA decides pseudoephedrine to stay P

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
    The MHRA has decided pseudoephedrine products can stay as P meds, but could still reclassify to POM in 2009 if pharmacy doesn't control sales appropriately.

dotPharmacy: latest news

MHRA – Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency - Home page
    Watch out for undercover researchers and the like.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

This is superb news, the whole, lets classify to P status was much overblown anyway! Re-classifying just for a few crystal meth users (harmful, fatal as it it can be) was not enough justification for taking away responsible selling from pharmacies.

Comment

No doubt the Mail will be sending reporters soon.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          No doubt the Mail will be sending reporters soon.
          johnep
          Has the NPA training material been sent out?
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

What training is really required?

We are allowed to sell one packer per customer.

Does the NPA have a secret technique for spotting Meth heads?

Not having a go at you Pharmanaut. Just makes me smile that NPA do a training pakc to help enforce "Sell only one packet!" Seems like the "serving suggestions" you see on baked bean tins.
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
              What training is really required?

We are allowed to sell one packer per customer.

Does the NPA have a secret technique for spotting Meth heads?

Not having a go at you Pharmanaut. Just makes me smile that NPA do a training pakc to help enforce "Sell only one packet!" Seems like the "serving suggestions" you see on baked bean tins.
              Must have got my wires crossed.
              Printed off the MHRA guidelines about new pack sizes and the PJ L&E bulletin today.
              Training : Offer one packet only. Refuse sale if suspicious.
              Apparently in some countries with abuse packets of 250 have been available OTC from non-pharmacy outlets.
              How times change.

Comment

When we last went to the US we bought a Vick Inhaler that contained Methamphetamine!

We bought it in a supermarket that didn't even have a pharmacy!
                Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                  When we last went to the US we bought a Vick Inhaler that contained Methamphetamine!

We bought it in a supermarket that didn't even have a pharmacy!
                  Remember watching Horizon a few years ago when they reported on home chemistry synthesis of ecstasy where the guy had accidentally stumbled across a side reaction that wiped out dopamine receptors permanently and brought on parkinsons that was untreatable. Not nice.
                  How times change.

Comment

Methedrine inhalers were available here until about 20 years ago. They were brought out by BW as competition for Benzedrine inhalers. My wife to be used a Methedrine inhaler for her blocked nose wiyhout noticing condensate on the nozzle. Made her heart race and kept her awake all night. And NO I was not with her!
                    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                      Remember watching Horizon a few years ago when they reported on home chemistry synthesis of ecstasy where the guy had accidentally stumbled across a side reaction that wiped out dopamine receptors permanently and brought on parkinsons that was untreatable. Not nice.

We watched a program on this at Uni. If I remember right four out of six victims ended up in body bags due to their inability to move!

A lot of what we know about parkinsons was learnt through them.
                      Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                      X