Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APPG report

Hi!

Hope you've all read the APPG report on the future of pharmacy!

My thoughts on it:

There’s lots in it to get excited about:

Security for pharmacies that have a loyal patient base
    Review with a mind to closing 100hr exemption loophole
    A pharmacist should be responsible for only one pharmacy and be present for the majority of its opening time
    Pharmacists should be given access to NHS Care records
    Financial reimbursement for CPD similar to other healthcare professionals
    Pharmacists should be on PECs
    Looking to overhaul CPD

But some things that worry me:

There must be a shift from volume based remuneration to rewards for quality and range of services. Pharmacists have always been paid for volume if we’re not careful those pharmacists that have pushed to get more and more Rxs could get penalised for it.

Advanced services paid for from nationally agreed global sum. The report says that this sum should therefore be lifted but not by how much.

Pharmacists should be used to plug the hole in out of hours services left by the GP contract. We already work longer than GPs will we have to do more?
    Mention of making a joint contract with GPs so that we help each other reach targets. GPs have always had better backup and negotiators what if we end up the poor relation in any pay deals?

Pharmacies should reduce the number of non-medical lines in shops to promote a more professional image. Will pharmacy proprietors be compensated for the lost income?
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Re: APPG report

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
    Hi!

Hope you've all read the APPG report on the future of pharmacy!
    If you haven't it's here

http://tinyurl.com/yseewh

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff I forgot where I downloaded it from!
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

For Gods sake remember there's more to pharmacy than community!!!!! or hospital.

Comment

You're right old merlin.

One major criticism made about the APPG report is the concentration on community.

The EPB has a group of pharmacists and a tech from all areas of pharmacy and we're trying to promote all areas but I am definitely going to get excited about a report that may make community pharmacy a better place.

Today community, tomorrow the world!
          Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
          X