Remote supervision - make sure your thoughts are heard by the right people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote supervision - make sure your thoughts are heard by the right people

I'm guessing most of you have received the PDA email regarding the RPSGB questionnaire canvassing opinions regarding remote supervision and the responsible pharmacist. We ALL know what horrors remote supervision could lead to. So stop moaning about it and make sure you put your views down here (Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain) so they can be heard by the people that matter.

Here's the PDA email for your info:
    Dear Colleague

Remote Supervision in Community Pharmacy and the Responsible Pharmacist

The Health Bill went on statute in 2006. This Bill introduced the concept of the Responsible Pharmacist to replace the ambiguous notion of ‘Personal Control’ and made it legally possible for the introduction of ‘Remote Supervision’ which would allow the dispensing and supply of medicines whilst the pharmacist was absent from the pharmacy.

The Bill is termed ‘enabling’ legislation. This gives the Secretary of State for Health the power to put in place regulations that will determine the actual prosecution of the Bill. It is therefore, the regulations that will determine the extent to which ‘Remote Supervision’ will be allowed.

The RPSGB is now canvassing opinion from members either by completing a form click here or via an on-line questionnaire click here

Views are invited by 29 June 2007

The PDA believes that the regulations put in place as a consequence of this Bill will have one of the most profound impacts on pharmacy since the Medicines Act 1968. It is important therefore that our members realise the enormity of the implications of the Bill and do not miss the opportunity to comment on the regulations that will govern it.

The PDA has been very active regarding this subject and has had a considerable amount of success in heightening awareness amongst pharmacists and politicians. We believe that there will be an inevitable impact on patient safety if the regulations facilitate ‘remote supervision’ and that the public interest implications had not been fully considered by those who drafted the Bill.

We have recently been contacted by a number of PDA members to ask if we could express our position on the issues and the questions posed in the Society’s questionnaire.

As a result, the PDA has constructed responses and the rationale to our position and posted these on our web site click here to assist members who personally wish to articulate similar views.

Whether you agree with our position or not, we urge you to answer this questionnaire to ensure that the Society receives a proportionate representation of views.

Important links

PDA position click here RPSGB questionnaire (pdf) click here RPSGB on-line questionnaire click here

Regards

John Murphy
    Director
    The Pharmacists' Defence Association

Re: Remote supervision - make sure your thoughts are heard by the right people

Did it this afternoon.
    johnep

Comment

Did my personal answer last week and the EPB vented its spleen several months ago.
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
      pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
      eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
        Did my personal answer last week and the EPB vented its spleen several months ago.
        Done - hope they listen.

To make remote supervision possible pharmacist willing to remotely supervise are required. I will not be one of them.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

http://www.privy-council.org.uk/files/other/Macleod.rtf

How the vets Royal College ruled.

Surely people are more important than pets.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X