• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmanaut
    replied
    Exforge and combination drugs

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    Was a time when every other script was for Navidrex K. few pts made the transition to Navispare. Now Leo have discontinued Burinex K.
    johnep
    First thing that struck me, nice timing on the recent press publicity for fixed combination drugs to help compliance. Wonder what pre-prompted the writing of that article. Second thing to strike me was patent expiry.

Anyway, the main reason why drug costs are so high, is that pharmacists are dispensing too many prescriptions. Its obvious!

Leave a comment:

• johnep
    replied
    Re: Exforge

Was a time when every other script was for Navidrex K. few pts made the transition to Navispare. Now Leo have discontinued Burinex K.
    johnep

Leave a comment:

• BBL
    replied
    Re: Exforge

Not 'waste of money'?

Has no one mentioned to Novartis that combination anti-hypertension products hardly fly off the GPs prescription pads in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Zoggite
    replied
    Funny that; the words "expiring" and "patent" came to my mind too when i saw that ad...

Leave a comment:

• Steve G
    started a topic Exforge

Exforge

Anyone else see the adverts for Exforge (amlodipine besilate/valsartan) in the PJ and C&D last week? Even though they are using expensive amlodipine, the cost is still the same as valsartan alone.

The obvious question therefore is when does the patent on valsartan expire?
Working...
X