Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Morris In the PJ - AGAIN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr Morris In the PJ - AGAIN

    Well Chris Morris (Linnear), our newly elected member of the English Pharmacy Board has been in the PJ again, that makes about 50 times in the last 12 months..........

    He mentioned the site, so thanks to Chris for that. As he says in his letter, you can contact him via this forum, so if anyone has any questions, then lets use him!

    I mean that in the nicest possible way of course...........
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

  • #2
    Golly you are a late bird, after midnight I am sound asleep dreaming of handling scripts which keep changing.
    johnep

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Golly you are a late bird, after midnight I am sound asleep dreaming of handling scripts which keep changing.
      johnep
      I always thought birds pick up worms John..........
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

      Comment


      • #4
        I won't reply as you you have said 'keep it clean'!
        johnep

        Comment


        • #5
          A letter of his in the PJ is old hat by now...
          Let's see how often he can get his mugshot on the front cover in the next 12 months!
          (Admin- why don't you get him to use it as his avatar?)
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
            A letter of his in the PJ is old hat by now...
            Let's see how often he can get his mugshot on the front cover in the next 12 months!
            (Admin- why don't you get him to use it as his avatar?)
            Just like everyone else (including you) he can have an avatar as I've previously said. Maybe he doesn't want to let us see he's really a tubs.....
            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

            Comment


            • #7
              First meeting

              We had our first meeting yesterday and it went really well!

              I thought that I'd have to beat sense into a group of Society lackeys but we all had pretty much the same ideas.

              We want to be the first to react to pharmacy news, i.e. try to stop nurses being interviewed over pill scares but we also want to be proactive and make our own news.

              For that we need input. This board is a completely new idea for England so as long as we keep within certain boundaries we can pretty much make stuff up as we go along. So give us the ideas and we'll se what we can do with them.

              If you tell us what you want and we don't do any of it then you can maybe blame us but if you don't tell us what you want and we do nothing whose fault will that be?

              Here's hoping.
              Linnear MRPharmS

              Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

              In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.



              For handy pharmacy links try
              pharmacistance.co.uk

              If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
              eloquent-e-tales

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                if you don't tell us what you want and we do nothing whose fault will that be?
                YOURS
                If we wanted to make the decisions ourselves we would have stood for election. You decide, do what you think is best, and then take the blame.

                Good luck

                Jeff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                  We had our first meeting yesterday and it went really well!

                  I thought that I'd have to beat sense into a group of Society lackeys but we all had pretty much the same ideas.

                  We want to be the first to react to pharmacy news, i.e. try to stop nurses being interviewed over pill scares but we also want to be proactive and make our own news.

                  For that we need input. This board is a completely new idea for England so as long as we keep within certain boundaries we can pretty much make stuff up as we go along. So give us the ideas and we'll se what we can do with them.

                  If you tell us what you want and we don't do any of it then you can maybe blame us but if you don't tell us what you want and we do nothing whose fault will that be?

                  Here's hoping.
                  Whats the general feeling amongst the members about splitting the society in two?

                  Did you read my post about the 20 minute break? I was offered a day's work the other day, from 8am to 7pm (complete with 20 min break) - can anyone work like this - any ideas about breaks etc?

                  Shall we have a section for asking our member questions just about the board, instead of having them posted all over the place?
                  Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                  Thank you for contributing to this site.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by admin View Post
                    Whats the general feeling amongst the members about splitting the society in two?
                    The more pieces the better.
                    What functions do you think the RPSGB would be capable of carrying out?

                    Regulation?
                    Does it matter who regulates us provided that they are from generally sound stock?

                    Representation?
                    We don't know who or what the RPSGB is supposed to represent?
                    Pharmacists? Pharmacies? The NHS? Patients?


                    Jeff

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Firstly, thanks for the support John! Nice to know where I stand from the get go!


                      1. I like the idea of a National Board Board it might be a good idea.

                      2. Splitting the Soc wasn't really mentioned as all the staff were feeling happy about the s60 stuff going through parliament and we didn't raise it as a major topic.

                      3. The general concensus was that the EPB want to represent and promote pharmacists. If we can get that off the ground and get some support then the splitting of the Soc may become easier than ever. (This is my view not that of the board) I'm going to get so tired of typing that!

                      4. I definitely intend to bring up work conditions as I feel that this always gets ignored. The problem is that pay and work conditions actually falls under the remit of the Soc. But I believe that if the board reaches a concensus about such things we can then take it higher. (Sorry if that sounds a little wishy washy but there are boundaries regarding things that affect the whole of the UK and not just England. Otherwise we have free reign as to what we debate/do)
                      Linnear MRPharmS

                      Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

                      In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.



                      For handy pharmacy links try
                      pharmacistance.co.uk

                      If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                      eloquent-e-tales

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        The more pieces the better.
                        What functions do you think the RPSGB would be capable of carrying out?

                        Regulation?
                        Does it matter who regulates us provided that they are from generally sound stock?

                        Representation?
                        We don't know who or what the RPSGB is supposed to represent?
                        Pharmacists? Pharmacies? The NHS? Patients?


                        Jeff
                        Totally agree Jeff...........
                        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                          Firstly, thanks for the support John! Nice to know where I stand from the get go!


                          1. I like the idea of a National Board Board it might be a good idea.

                          2. Splitting the Soc wasn't really mentioned as all the staff were feeling happy about the s60 stuff going through parliament and we didn't raise it as a major topic.

                          3. The general concensus was that the EPB want to represent and promote pharmacists. If we can get that off the ground and get some support then the splitting of the Soc may become easier than ever. (This is my view not that of the board) I'm going to get so tired of typing that!

                          4. I definitely intend to bring up work conditions as I feel that this always gets ignored. The problem is that pay and work conditions actually falls under the remit of the Soc. But I believe that if the board reaches a concensus about such things we can then take it higher. (Sorry if that sounds a little wishy washy but there are boundaries regarding things that affect the whole of the UK and not just England. Otherwise we have free reign as to what we debate/do)
                          Thanks for the reply - do you want your own section for these types of posts? I know you are putting them on your own site, but I have no objections to you adding links to it.

                          Let me know what you think.
                          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X