Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be prepared for an emergency

http://www.rpsgb.org/pdfs/pr061218.pdf

"In response to the recent news coverage on the Emergency Hormonal Contraceptive (EHC), and the announcement of Marie Stopes International and the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) to support the advance supply of EHC, the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (RPSGB) has issued the following updated advice on EHC:
    The RPSGB is not against the advance supply of EHC in principle."

Jeff

Good Ol' RPSGB again: sat firmly on the fence! I don't even need to read the article to know that it'll probably include a phrase to the effect of "It is down to each individual pharmacist to assess each situation on a case-by-case level, and to judge whether advance supply is in the patient's best interest" etc...etc... Just like when they were asked about their position on the supply of OTC EHC for under-16-year-olds...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
      Good Ol' RPSGB again: sat firmly on the fence! I don't even need to read the article to know that it'll probably include a phrase to the effect of "It is down to each individual pharmacist to assess each situation on a case-by-case level, and to judge whether advance supply is in the patient's best interest" etc...etc... Just like when they were asked about their position on the supply of OTC EHC for under-16-year-olds...
      I did read it, but the last line of Jeff's post sums it up really.

Totally agree with your post Zoggite. It's always the same answer whenever I have rang the law/ethics dept at the society for some advice/guidance. They always basically say "it's up to you". I now ask if I could get nicked for doing it and go from there!
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Still don't get the idea of buying EHC beforehand.

Condoms: £3.50 a pack of three (I think!)
        EHC: £22 -£25 depending on where working

Condoms: STI protection
        EHC: No STI protection

Seems a crap pre-emptive expenditure!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear,
          Do you have condoms in your bedside drawer, or do you rely solely on Mrs Linnear to control the size of your family?
          Quite a few of the women I have sold EHC to were married or in long-term relationships, in their mid-forties, and just "had a nice cuddle with Hubby" on a saturday night while the kids were away on a school trip- first time in a long time that they'd had the place to themselves again, a bit of quality time with each other, a few candles & a bottle of Chilean Chardonnay... they just don't want any more kids, or not just right now; they're not concerned about STDs, and anyway, a course of antibiotics can soon sort that out...
          £25 doesn't get you much anyway nowadays - an hour's wages, if you're a locum...

Comment

Ehc

I have had 40 year olds coming in and wanting to tell me how they got 'carried away' by their new young man when their husband had left them a year or so ago. They seem to want to tell me all about it. I explain I just need the facts for the Shering form. The young ones have completely different attitude.

I have also had the occasional girl sobbing her heart out. These are times when I'm glad to have the consultation room.
            johnep

Comment

Zogs you're going to make me do it aren't you?

I admitted the all-knowingness of Lynne and the fact that she had removed all of my righteous indignation and answered all of my arguments on locum voice now you're going to make me do it on this board too!

Well I won't! I won't do it I tell you! Mwahhhh Ha Ha Ha!
              Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
              pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
              eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                Zogs you're going to make me do it aren't you?

I admitted the all-knowingness of Lynne and the fact that she had removed all of my righteous indignation and answered all of my arguments on locum voice now you're going to make me do it on this board too!

Well I won't! I won't do it I tell you! Mwahhhh Ha Ha Ha!
                Oooohh, I do love a challenge!

Comment

Working...
                X