why do you lot complain whens theres good jobs out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do you lot complain whens theres good jobs out there

Just wondered, I have noticed a lot of people on here who are always like o i hate pharmacy, o i get low pay. well on http://www.pjcareers.com/ most of the jobs seem to be 40k start so why dont you find a job of there?. Ok you can go on about the bigger picture location etc but most of the jobs seem to have good pay so whats all the whole i hate my job thing about
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

The really good jobs don't even make it into the PJ - they get snapped up before then, one gets to know about them through the Grapevine, "the friend of a friend" etc... a bit like in the property market: the really hot deals are done and dusted within a few hours by "Those in the Know" who had their feelers out...
    Also, I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I quite like my job, and I quite like my pay too, even though I still believe I'm worth much more than half a GP...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
      Just wondered, I have noticed a lot of people on here who are always like o i hate pharmacy, o i get low pay. well on http://www.pjcareers.com/ most of the jobs seem to be 40k start so why dont you find a job of there?. Ok you can go on about the bigger picture location etc but most of the jobs seem to have good pay so whats all the whole i hate my job thing about
      Beats me.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        Beats me.

Jeff
        what beats you?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
          The really good jobs don't even make it into the PJ - they get snapped up before then, one gets to know about them through the Grapevine, "the friend of a friend" etc... a bit like in the property market: the really hot deals are done and dusted within a few hours by "Those in the Know" who had their feelers out...
          Also, I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I quite like my job, and I quite like my pay too, even though I still believe I'm worth much more than half a GP...
          how much do you earn mate

Comment

I would say is when you see a big salary it usually means big stress!

Also, I'd say some of us like to moan on here, as it gets it out of our system!

Some people on here have been known to eat over a dozen mince pies, just to try to get through the day.........

Last edited by admin; 20, December 2006, 04:41 PM.
            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

can I please ask, how much are you lot earning per year and what sector?

Comment

Salary

37.5K - not in community but employed as a pharmacist
                Saturday Locums at 17.50 per hour + mileage - to cover an old friend.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Last 12 months accounts - 37K locum in retail - 4 day week. Usual charge £25/hour + milage. Occasionally get 4 hours for £150 on a Saturday morning, otherwise stick to Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri - always have 2 weeks at Christmas off.
                  Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                    Last 12 months accounts - 37K locum in retail - 4 day week. Usual charge £25/hour + milage. Occasionally get 4 hours for £150 on a Saturday morning, otherwise stick to Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri - always have 2 weeks at Christmas off.
                    so you done locum many times and get 37k overall for it?

Comment

how much do you earn mate
                      I work 34 hours/week as an employee pharmacist for a multiple and I earn £38k per year, including 5 weeks paid holidays.
                      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

so you done locum many times and get 37k overall for it?
                        Yes I work about 40 to 45 weeks of the year. My accountant sorts out my tax etc for me and I just pay the Inland Revenue bill. Basically I earned just over 37k last tax year, deducted my costs, and then paid tax etc on the remainder.

If money was a problem for me I could do more hours, travel further away etc. I guess it's what is important in your life that matters. I'm not saying I'm rich, but I have enough money for my needs and can save as well.

If I was just qualified, and say for example saving for a deposit on my first house I'd do loads of hours and get some cash saved up, or pay off my student loans as soon as I could. I could work like mad and probably earn a lot more, but to me work is not the most important thing in my life.

As long as I have enough left over to keep our little web site going we'll be ok.

Comment

hehe nice reply, so youre telling me you could earn more than 38k if you wanted to admin

Comment

hehe nice reply, so youre telling me you could earn more than 38k if you wanted to admin
                            Yes I could easily earn more then 37K if i was prepared to work more hours.

Comment

pharmacy pay/feminisation

This illustrates the advantage women with partners/husbands have over us mere males. They have the luxury of being subsidised by their partner and is one of the reasons why feminisation leads to lower pay.
                              johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X