Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to try moaning from a height!

Hi there!

Had a spare 5 mins at work today (as I've nearly finished my third novel) so I was scanning through the PJ today and I had a blinding flash of inspiration!

Why moan purely through the PJ letters page or internet forums when you could do it from a position of authority!

So I'm going for a place on the new English Pharmacy Board!

OK! OK! Calm down! I do have some good attributes. I know little/nothing about politics so if you wanted me to fight for something then I wouldn't know that i wasn't supposed to.

I think they coudl do with new blood in a position of power that wouldn't be scared to ruffle a few feathers.

And lets face it politics is just arguing with fewer rules! I should be as happy as a pig in sh*t!

I would love you all to support me but will understand if you don't want to. If I do make it and yuou have any ideas for what needs doing I am prepared to listen. Convince me it's a good idea and I'd fight for it. Hell I'd fight for nothing!

Now you can go away and have a good laugh.

Linnear
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Do you need people to nominate you? (I didn't read that far)

Jeff

Comment

Yeah, I'd vote for you. I like your 'take no crap' attitude. You also seem to be intelligent, level headed and hopefully diplomatic if necessary.

Yeah, I think the boards of old dullards need some fresh, honest blood from people who don't have an alterior motive for being on these committees.

Comment

Thanks for the support so far!

Have just been filling out the forms today. There are six open posts for pharmacists and a post open for a community pharmacist.

You can go for both but you need ten nominations to go for each election.

I should be able to get ten easily and could probably get twenty but the logistics of getting all the sigs on the forms might do me in so am going to go for twenty and see how close I get.

Reading the note for candidates one thing did trouble me:

If the board votes on something and a proposal is decided by majority vote then all board members have to back it regardless of whether they voted against it or not! I could see that hurting!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

I'm with you all the way - go for it!!!
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Thanks admin.

Long way to go yet but what the hell nothing ventured and all that!
            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
              Reading the note for candidates one thing did trouble me:

If the board votes on something and a proposal is decided by majority vote then all board members have to back it regardless of whether they voted against it or not! I could see that hurting!
              So stand on the abolishment of that note.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
                So stand on the abolishment of that note.

Jeff
                Dead right Jeff - that one needs getting rid of and we know the man for the job!
                Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

You're all too kind!

I've been thinking about the nomination forms.

I've got two: 1 is for the six pharmacist posts and 1 is for the secular post i.e. community pharmacy in my case.

To enter for both and thereby increase my chances of getting in I need 10 signatures on each one.

I should be able to get 10 here by travelling around but 20 will be a stretch so here's the beggin bit:

I thought I could travel round down here and get one form signed up while I post the form to people in other parts of the country to get the rest.

I would supply a return SAE to anyone prepared to do it but I do need to ask that anyone that does this be prepared to fill out the form and post it back ASAFP. I've got just over two weeks to get it done!

Anyone who is prepared to do this please PM me your contact details.

Thanks in advance!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Thanks for all the support so far.

Sent all my forms off today! Now nominated for the 6 free pharmacist posts election and the Community pharmacist election.

All I've got to do now is get votes!

Should be easy with my charm and quiet demeanour!
                    Last edited by Linnear; 26, October 2006, 08:36 PM.
                    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                      Thanks for all the support so far.

Sent all my forms off today! Now nominated for the 6 free pharmacist posts election and the Community pharmacist election.

All I've got to do now is get votes!

Should be easy with my charm and quiet demeanour!
                      Linnear

Make sure you put yourself across ok. We all know how shy and retiring you can be - we don't want you to not get noticed out there!

Comment

PJ online has released list of nominees.

Up against 17 people for 6 unreserved places and 6 people for the community pharmacy spot!

Was hoping for more pharmaceutical apathy but I'll give it my best shot!

Industry and Hospital only received one nomination each so they're elected already!

Academia have none! All together now AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
                        Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

So take up a part time job lecturing, then you'll get the academic place!

Comment

I can see it now:

Moaning and Griping 101

Letter writing to p*ss people off but get your way anyway.

Sarcasm that will cut glass (They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but it's not when I do it.)

I'm in!
                            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                            X