Patients wearing the Hijab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patients wearing the Hijab

Please don't take this the wrong way...no offence to fellow colleagues who are muslims .....but would you feel comfortable conducting an MUR or giving advice to a patient wearing a veil......
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

I don't mind veils, but hoodies and motorbike helmets freak me out!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

dnt see what the big fuss is. ive met a few who were veils and there all very politlitly spoken unlike some people.

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero
        Please don't take this the wrong way...no offence to fellow colleagues who are muslims .....but would you feel comfortable conducting an MUR or giving advice to a patient wearing a veil......
        I can see how it must make some people uncomfortable if they wear the full face one though, and I haven't met anyone completely covered. I think that might make me feel uncomfortable. If they just have a scarf on, then that doesn't bother me in any way, as you can still see their face and thus their reactions to what you are saying.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Hijab

I may feel it is a little different talking with a client who wore the veil and hijab but not as awkward as she may feel if I asked her to remove it. To some people asking them to remove their veil challenges the very core of their practices.

Comment

I've spoken to many patients who wear hijab/veil and most are absolutely fine. I know some people personally who wear the veil and they're just the same as other folk! Just takes a bit of getting used to speakin to someone who's u cant see, so u have to listen carefully!! lol

Comment

No problems at all

Hey
              I've worked in a pharmacy where a lot of the patients wear veils and ive never had a problem or even heard of any1 havin problems with them. they are in fact very polite and patient people

Comment

I watched the channel4 programme on Women Only Jihad, which interviewed some British Muslim women wearing the full face hijab thing. All the women on the programme were well spoken, eloquent and fiesty.

Comment

Education

education is so beautiful, it removes attack and brings about dialogue.
                  I suppose my view could be biased because i'm a muslim, but i don't mind the concept of the veil. you probably don't want me to start drifting off into an explanation! lol.
                  However, it can make communication a bit difficult but not impossible. i personally wouldn't think that its a major issue

Comment

this country is a democratic, therefore people should be able to do what they like as long as its within the law

Comment

Now we're talking - I'm in favour of any law that gets women to take their clothes off ;-)

Jeff the letch

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Now we're talking - I'm in favour of any law that gets women to take their clothes off ;-)

Jeff the letch
                        Oh dear, shame on you Jeff.................

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
                        X