Holby city 3/10/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holby city 3/10/06

Did anyone see the pharmacist/pharmacy support staff on holby the other day..if you did..I'm sure you were just as disappointed as I was ...I wonder who these script writers are.....this person was half asleep,dopey, heavily made up with spiky hair and to top it all, gave the house officer POMs in exchange for a date... amazing!
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Originally posted by kemzero
    Did anyone see the pharmacist/pharmacy support staff on holby the other day..if you did..I'm sure you were just as disappointed as I was ...I wonder who these script writers are.....this person was half asleep,dopey, heavily made up with spiky hair and to top it all, gave the house officer POMs in exchange for a date... amazing!
    I've seen things like that before - we are never portrayed in a very good light I'm afraid.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero
      ...gave the house officer POMs in exchange for a date... amazing!
      Is that illegal? Damn, I used to do that all the time....

Surely the scriptwriters are just responding to what they see in real life? And in community that's a lot of dopey pharmacists...

Comment

I stopped watching Holby when it went pants!

Anyone see Rebus on Friday? He walked into a pharmacy and asked for Nicotine gum. He was asked 2mg or 4mg and then pack size. mt missus nearly had an MI at the apopleptic fit I threw!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

[QUOTE=Linnear]I stopped watching Holby when it went pants!

Anyone see Rebus on Friday?

What's or who's Rebus??
          Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Gritty Ian Rankin Glasgee Cop show.

Dead good!
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hey ! I saw that episode yes. It just goes to show that the scriptwriters are clearly in the dark with regard to the actual importance of being a pharmacist.

They obviously have no understanding of the level of training required whatsoever.

I reckon they should start showing "dopey" doctors making silly errors like trying to write up co-codamol and paracetamol on the same drug chart.
              (We know what we're on about but no one listens!!)

Comment

Originally posted by pharmacist
                (We know what we're on about but no one listens!!)
                I went home one Christmas and the local pharmacist was in the pub and we ended up getting pissed bitching about Rxs. The barmaid had a go saying we shouldn't be talking shop in our off time and I said "How would you feel if you saw a hospital Rx on a saturday afternoon for Co-Codamol 10/500?"

She said "I don't know!"

So we both replied "Exactly" and gpot back ot our bitching!
                Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Linnear

You bitching? I don't believe it!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                  Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

If I had feelings I'd be hurt!
                    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                    X