Citronella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citronella

I seem to remember reading recently that citronella products being marketed as insect repellents were to be withdrawn due to an EU ruling, but can't actually find this info anywhere. Can anyone give me a link or a reference for this? Thanks.

The EU Biocidal Products Directive forced withdrawl from sprays at least because no-one would put up the money to prove it safe.

Jeff

Comment

Citronella oil and eucalyptus oil

www.hse.gov.uk/biocides/listbpappcopr.pdf

Have just spent rather a long time looking through it, mainly pet products.

Lindsey

Comment

When i was working in boots the only people who ever bought that stuff was people who always tried to shock me by telling me it for their horse.

Do people actually use it?

Comment

citronella oil was always very popular on the continent(that's Europe, Rxjoe!)as a mosquito repellent; it was seen as a natural, herbal solution... Even in Britain, a lot of citronella-fragranced candles and oil for lamps and patio-burners are sold in the summer!
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by alex
            When i was working in boots the only people who ever bought that stuff was people who always tried to shock me by telling me it for their horse.

Do people actually use it?

Why are horses shocking in Manchester?

Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsey

Lindsey
              Because they taste funny!

Sorry, I did not mean to offend any Mancunians or people of a Mancunian persuasion with my tasteless remarks!

Phew that was close!
              Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
              pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
              eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsey

Lindsey
                I live in Manchester now because i was at uni here and its easier travelling to work.

The jodhpur wearing folk I saw were all in the deepest darkest parts of East Lancashire, where i originally come from.

Comment

Working...
                X