Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Copperfield

Hi

I saw that "just grab the pills and run" letter by Dr Copperfield in a pharmacy tearoom - pinned up on the wall last week. It isn't very nice is it? Does he honestly say that pharmacists phone him to advise him about the synergistic effects of taking two hypertensives at once - I don't know any who would - do you?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...288684,00.html

In case you missed it, here's the link. Here's the best bit!

We also realise that pharmacists are shopkeepers who have families to feed,
    I might send him copies of my interventions!
    Last edited by admin; 24, August 2006, 08:30 AM.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

and who actually phone a GP about a rx for 1g of hydrocortisone, not 1 tube? They're all special containers, so just give a tube and endorse it for crying out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G
      and who actually phone a GP about a rx for 1g of hydrocortisone, not 1 tube? They're all special containers, so just give a tube and endorse it for crying out loud!
      Exactly Steve - I don't believe he's experienced half of what he claims he's had from pharmacists. Sounds like just an old grumpy GP to me.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Dr.Copperfield

The above mentioned guy is just an attention seeking ,condescending .......... who thinks he is the king of the jungle,he has written quite a few books and his main hobby is belittling all professions affiliated with medicine!
        Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

"So if your pharmacist tries to entice you into his “private consultation area” next time you collect your repeat prescription, just grab the pills and run. Please"

is this guy some kind of "KNOB"! ( sorry for the french), does he seriously belive that a pharmacist is some kind of shopkeeper that makes a living on selling creams and putting lables of bottles saying "please shake"?,

Does he not realise that pharmacists are intelligant professionals that probably no more about medications and there side effects, interactions etc more than any other GP

And the other thing he classes everyone that is not a doctor as lower down the food chain. Whats the deal with that?
          Last edited by love; 29, August 2006, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I almost became a Dr you know! I chickened out when they tried to remove my brain!
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

that was a smooth move linnear lol

Comment

Working...
              X