Number of prescriptions in England was 720 million last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of prescriptions in England was 720 million last year

Article here in the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...825558,00.html

720 million prescriptions were dispensed in England last year, costing almost £8bn. Although the number of prescriptions dispensed has increased 50% in the last 10 years, I'm guessing that the income of contractors hasn't increased by that amount.

Originally posted by Steve G
    Article here in the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...825558,00.html

720 million prescriptions were dispensed in England last year, costing almost £8bn. Although the number of prescriptions dispensed has increased 50% in the last 10 years, I'm guessing that the income of contractors hasn't increased by that amount.

We might have made 15%, no wait 10%, maybe 5%. To be honest I'd be surprised if a time and motion study of all the extra work we do we've reached a 0.5% increase in remuneration.

FUME! FUME! FUME!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G

Yeah, I think I'm doing most of em !
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin

Can't be I've done at least 75%
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by admin

Can't be, I've done at least 75%
          Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
          X