How do non pharmacist managers work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do non pharmacist managers work?

With all the new changes, pharmacists becoming prescribers, PQS, deadlines etc would this release pharmacists to clinics, leaving the paperwork to someone who isn't even remotely qualified in medicine? Thoughts?

It has been like this for over ten years.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      It has been like this for over ten years.
      johnep
      Nobody told me. lol

Comment

Used to do all my paperwork for the pharmacy on a dos spreadsheet called "as easy as 123".
        Made the month end and daily and weekly cash sheets the work of a few moments, with a graph of comparison etc.
        Not sure if you would be allowed to do this these days as this would be a head office job.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Yes, when I started locums over 60 years ago, I prepared daily cash sheets, hired staff etc. The general rule was that locums acted as though they ran the business and this was expected. Companies usually had an area manager who checked that things were being done properly. One of my early locums was for Timothy Whites and a Mr Green was the AM. I got paid £15 a week and the summer locum paid for our honeymoon in Shanklin.
          johnep

Comment

​​Surrendering control to vested interests under the guise of "more clinical focus" is the gift that will keep on giving until Pharmacy returns to the basics. Worse still, it's a charge led squarely by Pharmacists easily seduced by the next shiny thing.

I read an article where a vested interest claims vocational Pharmacy may be good for some but not others. Errrm. ... Pharmacy IS a vocation, as is medicine, nursing etc.! They don't need inflating/reinventiing to be relevant. Retooling, perhaps -- but the ethos and technical requirements are immutable. Aside therapeutic specialities, fancy titles and inflated roles are just that. Masters at their crafts can cut it anywhere at anytime on their best days.

Comment

The gift that keeps on giving - that sums up pharmacy.
              The free gift that expects/gets nothing in return.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
              X