Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary Registration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Temporary Registration

    So Duncan Rudkin has emailed everyone to tell them that there will be an allowance for temporary re-registration for anyone who has allowed their registration to lapse or voluntarily removed themselves in the past 3 years in the case of a state of emergency being declared.

    I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to stretch that 3 years to 5 or even 10.

    Do we honestly see retirees queuing up to rejoin at a time of unprecedented strain and unprecedented risk when in all honesty the profession hasn't been particularly kind to many?
    I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
    So Duncan Rudkin has emailed everyone to tell them that there will be an allowance for temporary re-registration for anyone who has allowed their registration to lapse or voluntarily removed themselves in the past 3 years in the case of a state of emergency being declared.

    I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to stretch that 3 years to 5 or even 10.

    Do we honestly see retirees queuing up to rejoin at a time of unprecedented strain and unprecedented risk when in all honesty the profession hasn't been particularly kind to many?
    +++1 No. But I feel very sorry for the members of the public who are co-victims of the farce that modern community pharmacy has become.

    I have been retired over 3 years and am in a high risk group but might re-consider if things were really dire (I hope it won't get to that stage) but more to help out patients than to prop up commercial organisations.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would imagine people would do this for humanity rather than the profession.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ap0thecary View Post
        I would imagine people would do this for humanity rather than the profession.
        From what I'm seeing on social media "humanity" is being particularly vile to our colleagues in pharmacies with reports of spitting, cursing and threats for bottles of Calpol.

        I have so much respect right now for those who are weathering the storm out in the community.
        I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

        Comment


        • #5
          I stopped work in 2014 after I sold the pharmacy, but stayed on the register for a couple of years in case I was needed for emergencies leaving at the end of 2016. I'd done so little that I thought I'd be more of a hindrance and also couldn't be arsed with revalidation. If I'm asked to re-register, which I doubt, I'll do so in case local independents have an emergency and need help. I won't be working for a multiple.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nimrec View Post

            From what I'm seeing on social media "humanity" is being particularly vile to our colleagues in pharmacies with reports of spitting, cursing and threats for bottles of Calpol.

            I have so much respect right now for those who are weathering the storm out in the community.
            Some need to vent their frustration on someone.
            Pharmacy always there to help in every way.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

            If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm still a registered pharmacist and work in industry. Haven't been in a community pharmacy in 4 years. I think I could be a liability!!!

              Working in industry I think my filter is totally gone. If a customer was rude in a store I think I might just tell them exactly what I thought of their attitude.
              I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes it is time for the worm to turn. The Damoclese sword hangs over the head of workers in multiples means we have become like mushrooms.
                johnep

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
                  I'm still a registered pharmacist and work in industry. Haven't been in a community pharmacy in 4 years. I think I could be a liability!!!

                  Working in industry I think my filter is totally gone. If a customer was rude in a store I think I might just tell them exactly what I thought of their attitude.


                  Commendable but in this day and age you would need military grade (unarmed?) combat training, a head camcorder and a brilliant lawyer.

                  Given those I could have quite enjoyed the job.

                  (Nowadays even people well qualified in boxing, karate etc are advised to walk away from a fight.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mutley View Post

                    Commendable but in this day and age you would need military grade (unarmed?) combat training, a head camcorder and a brilliant lawyer.

                    Given those I could have quite enjoyed the job.

                    (Nowadays even people well qualified in boxing, karate etc are advised to walk away from a fight.)
                    The advantage of verbal combat with a bully is that they usually are more bark than brain in my experience. No bruises for them means no evidence for their "no win, no fee" solicitor.

                    A well placed sign saying "staff must not be abused" can give you a certain degree of carte blanche as well.
                    I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ask them "Are you sure you are OK? You don't usually come in shouting like this?"
                      Could bring them back to reality.
                      Even if they have never been in before.
                      Try it and report back here!

                      When the epidemic is over - you could re-purpose the consulting room....
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

                      Have a laugh at this one - but remember the fees are from the 70s.
                      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                      How times change.

                      If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X