Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnep
    replied
    The latest series of DOH adverts showing situations with the catch line "I need a pharmacist" seem to imply that a pharmacy could be used as a substitute for A+E. Seems to me like a DOH response to the problems in A+E.
    Will there be a fee? If so targets will follow. If not, another straw for the pharmacists back.
    johnep

Leave a comment:

• johnep
    replied
    I agree completely. People who receive help are often surprised at what we can do. one woman said that she had thought that we were just jumped up shopkeepers who had to fill three large glass flasks to be qualified.
    johnep

Leave a comment:

• Merlyn
    replied
    Not always my experience by any means. Generally found we're well thought of. Trouble is that 'opinion formers' like Felz have never had occasion to ask for pharmaceutical support. Once, and I know once isn't enough, had an interesting conversation with a just-retired very senior Civil Servant who for part of his career at any rate had been in the DoH. When he discovered I was a pharmacist he was extremely complimentary about the care his aged mother had had from the pharmacist in the care of the elderly unit where she was staying. 'Is this the sort of thing you do?' he kept asking! Not meaning me in particular, but pharmacists.

Leave a comment:

• johnep
    replied
    Yes, we tend to be seen as people profiteering on the NHS, while Drs and Nurses are whiter than white. I really only got respect when someone wanted something.
    The public think the prescription tax goes straight into our pockets, even when you are an employee or locum. Pharmacists always portrayed as villains in TV dramas. (Eg, recent Corrie story line)
    johnep

Leave a comment:

• admin
    started a topic I see we’re as well respected as we ever were

I see we’re as well respected as we ever were

https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/5...169O9I,12QL7,1
Working...
X