Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the beginning of the end .....................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the beginning of the end .....................

.........or the end of the end ?

Yesterdays Times reported that shares in major US pharmacy chains have fallen considerably after Amazon bought an online Rx marketing sevice.

It would not surprise me if they bought out P2U.

Any comments ?

I am sure the owners of P2U would love to become multi millionaires.
    johnep

Comment

It is the end of the beginning.

Comment

It is evolution. Things can not stay the same.

Comment

In my end is my beginning

T.S. Eliot

Comment

I'm looking forward to Medicines Prime. It's automation that should have been done years ago.

Comment

I still think people are massively jumping the gun with talks of an amazon takeover.

Medicines margins in the UK are vastly smaller than in the US where amazon are cracking the market. It's still a long way off until they look to move to the UK IMO. There's even better health economies in the EU that they could look to crack first.
              I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
                I still think people are massively jumping the gun with talks of an amazon takeover.

Medicines margins in the UK are vastly smaller than in the US where amazon are cracking the market. It's still a long way off until they look to move to the UK IMO. There's even better health economies in the EU that they could look to crack first.
                https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk...ck-chill-boots

Has some quite pertinent comments in relation to Amazon.
                Today's news of a 17p per item reduction would gouge into the costs of an online pharmacy.
                Would the online player's biggest cost be their delivery mechanism?
                Not sure how anyone could operate with this uncertainty around the corner.
                Another thought - look at the temperatures we are having and then look at the packaging of most of the creams/ointments in the dispensary for their storage temperature.
                They would need thermal packaging - perhaps? = with more cost.

BUT this is going to happen in some form within the early careers of our new pharmacists.

47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I don’t think the technology exists yet for Amazon to replace general community pharmacies, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to cream off the delivery of special items, such as Humira etc and stoma supplies which are basically just goods in a warehouse and Amazon are king of warehouse supply and delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkybw View Post
                    I don’t think the technology exists yet for Amazon to replace general community pharmacies, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to cream off the delivery of special items, such as Humira etc and stoma supplies which are basically just goods in a warehouse and Amazon are king of warehouse supply and delivery.
                    Becoming an appliance contractor might be an option for them.
                    Oncost is still payable (I think);
                    The only thing you need to be able to do is offer a customisation service.
                    Income is still limited by the DT but is a bit more favourable.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I would definitely keep an eye out for Amazon machinations over the next several months I regards to this.

I think it is also important to note that the US market is a much different battlefield than our UK one.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
                        I would definitely keep an eye out for Amazon machinations over the next several months I regards to this.

I think it is also important to note that the US market is a much different battlefield than our UK one.
                        No doubt they are up to something and know all the angles.
                        Its for people in senior management and above to worry about.
                        What individual pharmacists say or do probably will have the usual impact.
                        How times change.

Comment

Working...
                        X