"The pharmacist drug dealers: 60 Xanax tablets for £150 with no prescription"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dippsy View Post
    And this is one of the reasons why this s.o.a.b. needs to go to jail ...

Xanax: Children as young as 11 taking anxiety drug http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43431453
    Begs the question ...
    What are we as a society doing to our children?
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Also ... just a thought. Something that possibly HMRC may want to look at? Would be interesting how they declare these earnings ...

Comment

• willerz86
        willerz86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably the same way that most locums declare their earnings.... straight into their pocket HAHAHA .... only joking

The GPhC has made the following statement:
      “We are working closely with the MHRA on a major ongoing investigation into the diversion of prescription medicines away from the normal supply chain. We have already taken action to suspend six pharmacists under interim orders and are actively reviewing at each stage of the investigations whether we need to take further action to protect the public.

“We would like to thank the Daily Mail for raising with us the concerns identified through their investigation; this is particularly useful as we do not have legal powers to carry out our own undercover investigations. We are investigating these concerns and will take any urgent action where required to protect the public.'

I am surprised that the GPhC cannot carry out undercover investigations; I am sure the Pharm Soc could and did. I am concerned that the GPhC therefore has to rely on the ‘goodwill’ of the Press.

Comment

Yes, they just want to have a peaceful life and wait for their pensions.
        johnep

Comment

• willerz86
          willerz86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do as little as possible and take the money?

I am somewhat surprised that the ability of the RPS to investigate and delete pharmacy premises from the register was not tranferred to the GPhC.

Comment

Sounds like my local doctors surgery! For the past few months I have been receiving extra repeats for everything from Xanax to medication I didn't even order, sometimes signed and dated weeks ago, when I mentioned this to the receptionist she just shrugged and handed them back to me, you couldn't make it up.

Comment

I can recall that during my time on the register one pharmacist was struck off for stealing ~£20 worth of stock from an employer (iirc; pharmacist Nigerian, employer Tesco). Another got iirc ~18 mo in Liverpool gaol for defrauding Boots of ~£1200.

I won't bother asking the usual querulous old f*rts question "What's going on here?" Just go figure.

Comment

Working...
            X