Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The pharmacist drug dealers: 60 Xanax tablets for £150 with no prescription"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "The pharmacist drug dealers: 60 Xanax tablets for £150 with no prescription"

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...blets-150.html

    Can't believe how brazen this guy is. Obviously done it many times before.

  • #2
    Unfortunately seen how many pharmacists work during my time in community I think this is the tip of the iceberg!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good 'ol Edgeware Road again. Same street that got busted years ago. Big money to be made there I imagine as there are more than a few Rolexes floating about on those who are unaware or unconcerned as to the law in the UK. Lost count of the number of people who used to come into the Shoe to buy POMs and were surprised when told they needed a script. Some were very persistent so I used to quote them £1,000,000 per sale as I'd never be able to work again and so would have to fund my retirement. Of course I wouldn't have taken the million had it ever been offered. :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't believe it.
        Everything that we do is ruined by dodgy operators.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

        If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

        Comment


        • #5
          Was that the same pharmacy that was done about 3-4 years ago? Maybe wrong but the name is the same

          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22096218

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, I remember this. striking off and closure would stop it.
            johnep

            Comment


            • #7
              Can the GPhC close down a pharmacy? The Pharm Soc used to be able to, and did.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Merlyn View Post
                Can the GPhC close down a pharmacy? The Pharm Soc used to be able to, and did.
                Maybe the GPhC couldn’t but surely the Ccg could rescind the contract? After that some kind of ban could be made to prevent that address being ever used as a pharmacy in the future. That would mean that the owner couldnt simply put a new manager in place and carry on regardless. Maybe also refuse any new contract applications from owners who have had contracts removed for this sort of thing.

                A three pronged attack to prevent reoccurrence. Striking off the pharmacist, removing the contract from the owner, and barring the premises from being a pharmacy. You could also look at whether this should affect the right to remain if the pharmacist is from outside the UK. We have plenty of pharmacists and don’t need to keep dodgy ones from elsewhere.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sparkybw View Post

                  Maybe the GPhC couldn’t but surely the Ccg could rescind the contract? After that some kind of ban could be made to prevent that address being ever used as a pharmacy in the future. That would mean that the owner couldnt simply put a new manager in place and carry on regardless. Maybe also refuse any new contract applications from owners who have had contracts removed for this sort of thing.

                  A three pronged attack to prevent reoccurrence. Striking off the pharmacist, removing the contract from the owner, and barring the premises from being a pharmacy. You could also look at whether this should affect the right to remain if the pharmacist is from outside the UK. We have plenty of pharmacists and don’t need to keep dodgy ones from elsewhere.
                  Someone said that rules were made for the obeyance of fools and guidance of wise men.
                  These are definitely not wise men.

                  So gets my vote - the rogue operators should be closed down for good.

                  Even if it does interfere with their human rights to break the law.
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

                  If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dippsy View Post
                    Was that the same pharmacy that was done about 3-4 years ago? Maybe wrong but the name is the same

                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22096218
                    Yes its the same one! Yesterdays C+D article https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk...-investigation

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Seems as if this is endemic in that area. Tramadol, Xanax ... what else? How many lives have these people ruined?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pharmacist inspectors in the old days would buy Codeine Linctus and Phensedyl to show could be purchased when no pharmacist present , why not now?
                        Is the GphC toothless and like the Home Office only chasing for very minor offences and ignoring the big ones? Mote and Beam come to mind.
                        johnep

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by johnep View Post
                          Pharmacist inspectors in the old days would buy Codeine Linctus and Phensedyl to show could be purchased when no pharmacist present , why not now?
                          Is the GphC toothless and like the Home Office only chasing for very minor offences and ignoring the big ones? Mote and Beam come to mind.
                          johnep
                          Quite; not as if the sellers are the big companies, either.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Merlyn View Post

                            Quite; not as if the sellers are the big companies, either.
                            Is it all down to the cost of the legal action?

                            Or has the monthly quota been fulfilled?
                            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                            How times change.

                            If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              And this is one of the reasons why this s.o.a.b. needs to go to jail ...

                              Xanax: Children as young as 11 taking anxiety drug http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43431453

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X