At Last!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Last!

The health authority now want all pts to prove they are entitled to NHS treatment. About time. Lagos will be upset! My wife has to produce proof in form of passport or other suitable documentation.
    Sorry cannot post the form as photobucket no longer works for me and cannot post pic directly although reduced file size.
    johnep
    Last edited by johnep; 7th, December 2017, 02:11 PM.

What will happen if they are not entitled to NHS treatment ?

Comment

Then you either go somewhere else or pay up. Already happened to us, had to prove our residency permits and proof of income. This should have been done yonks ago, it feels as if the noose is very tight on the finances now.

Comment

Yes, Even when visiting EU take out insurance. Have read stories in the press about people who have not done so and find owe thousands to the health systems abroad.
        johnep

Comment

What a horrifying idea. As someone who lives in a fairly poor area I know how many 'homegrowns' don't have passports or driving licences and the bureaucratic and stressful hoops jobseekers have to go through. It will end up putting a large bureaucratic strain on the system if done fairly and equally for everyone or racial (or other forms of judgemental) profiling if not.

Comment

Have done it in General Practice in past. If no passport, driving licence, etc can always use rent book, employers certification, benefits records, birth certificate, etc

Comment

if you open any account, usually have to prove residence with a utility bill and some other ID. This is no different. ID cards would be much simpler. However, liberal groups would protest.
              johnep

Comment

Working...
              X