Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do independent Pharmacies currently promote professional services?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do independent Pharmacies currently promote professional services?

I'm interested to learn how Pharmacists currently promote the professional services that they offer, and that the NHS are so keen for them to promote.

Peter, since you don’t appear to be registered as a pharmacist in the UK, could you please state your interest.

Comment

• PeterMackness
      PeterMackness commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I work for a software firm in the Health Sector. We have recently started working with Pharmacies, as of the last month or so. It is just an open question, I'm genuinely interested. I think after the Government consultation last year that it is a question a lot of Pharmacists are probably asking themsleves

Does it matter if he is a pharmacist? He could be a pharmacy student, or even a marketing student looking for information for an assignment. I doubt that he would be given commercially important information anyway. And of course, he may not even be using his real name as an id. In fact, he might not even be a man!

For what it's worth, I would simply pick a service, i.e. Flu vaccinations, and then see what other pharmacies have done to inform the public about what they are doing. This could springboard you to develop an idea of your own that could be more successfull in pulling in the crowds.

It might also be worth asking potential service users what they want from the service, and what would engage their interest when the service became available.

Comment

• PeterMackness
      PeterMackness commented
      Editing a comment
      I can confirm both my name and gender!! I also have a commercial interest in the potential answers to the question!

Sparky, while I agree that it doesn’t matter, I do think that people prefer to know why they are talking to someone.

Comment

• PeterMackness
      PeterMackness commented
      Editing a comment
      As above, I have a commercial interest in the potential responses to the question I have asked.

Thanks Peter. I hope that you are proposing to sell a service to independent community pharmacies; they could do with it.

Comment

• PeterMackness
      PeterMackness commented
      Editing a comment
      I am, we are, and they do! I could tell you more about it but reluctant to come across as too 'salesy' on a forum such as this, hence my preference to ask an open question and see what people were already doing I guess. The opportunity for independents is there, and it's huge, I think they just need to put their commercial hats on really!

Hello Peter.

Current primary method is a 46" high brightness display in our shop window. I make my own videos/slideshows thanks to teaching photography in a previous life. I'm aware of companies offering this service but I'm admittedly too much of a control freak to let others do it..and it gives me a creative outlet to help maintain my sanity.

Getting around to the website thing eventually but don't see that as a big drawcard.

I'm always happy to hear of new ideas...

Maybe you could give me (us) an outline of the idea and anyone interested could either PM you for specifics or ask more general questions in the forum? (if that's ok with Admin & others).

Regards.

Comment

• PeterMackness
      PeterMackness commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi

Thank you for your message, much appreciated. I will reply below.

• admin
      admin commented
      Editing a comment
      We have no problem with a general discussion but please don't advertise commercial businesses on the forum.

We provide information screen software and currently work across the Health Sector. We have recently entered the Pharmacy sector and the take up and feedback so far has been fantastic.
    Last edited by admin; 15th, March 2017, 02:07 PM. Reason: Advertising

Comment

Looks very good Peter. As I’m no longer practising I won’t be a client but I wish you well. Can I be slightly cautious though; the professional body used to be very negative about advertising; don’t what view

Comment

• PeterMackness
        PeterMackness commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for that, much appreciated, and that's a shame! We run absolutely NO advertising on our system. We simply provide a facility for clients to advertise their own services 'in house', should they wish, they don't have to either.

All I’m saying Peter, is get someone to run what you’re offering them past the GPhC. 30 years ago we had a little info programme running on an old TV, written on a Sinclair ZX, (written by the late, much missed, Gravy for those who remember him!)!

Comment

• PeterMackness
        PeterMackness commented
        Editing a comment
        Good plan, thanks for that. We're working on it!!

Peter I'm not suggesting you do run adverts on your systems but advertising your company is againt the forum rules.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

It was at Graeme's pharmacy in South Ockenden that I first saw John Richardsons PMR.
        Had seen it demonstrated at a medical exhibition several years previously.
        johnep

Comment

Working...
        X